transfering gametag to another account without an xbox console

I have two gametags and two live accounts, currently
gametag "jianhui zh" is linked to [REMOVED - DO NOT POST EMAIL OR MS ACCOUNT] and
gametag "jianhui z" is linked to [REMOVED - DO NOT POST EMAIL OR MS ACCOUNT]

I'm using gametag "jianhui zh" ( for my purchase on a windows phone) and live account [REMOVED - DO NOT POST EMAIL OR MS ACCOUNT] (for my contacts via MSN/Skype), I'd like to link them together, which means transfer gametag "jianhui zh" to live account [REMOVED - DO NOT POST EMAIL OR MS ACCOUNT]. The gametag "jianhui z" is not in use, so it can be overwritten or switched to [REMOVED - DO NOT POST EMAIL OR MS ACCOUNT].

I'm aware this can be done on an xbox console but I don't have one to do it by myself.

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey there bud!

I am afriad to switch Microsoft accounts associated with profiles, it has to be done on a console. Also, it is advised you do not post personal information such as your email address. In terms of your issue, I recommend asking a friend if he / she can let you download your Profile on their console, and do it from there. Just in case you are wondering how to do this process, to download your profile:

1. Press your guide button on your controller, and select Download Profile

2. Then enter your Microsoft account and password associated with the profile.

3. If you are not seeing 'Download Profile' as an option, press X on your controller to sign out, then proceed to step 1.

In terms of switching Microsoft accounts, again, here's how if you need:

1.) Sign in to the account you wish to alter, then press the middle silver button on your controller  
2.) Press RB twice!
3.) Go down, and select 'account management'  
4.) Go across twice, and select 'Account security'
5.) Select 'Change Microsoft account'
6.) Select Yes, enter the password for the email address shown (that is assigned to that account)
7.) Enter the email address you wish to change it to, and enter the password for that email address.

Hope this helps! Keep us posted.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.