Transfering Data to New Console

Hello, everyone. Your Science Panda here.

Well, it finally happened. My old XBox 360 went off and committed suicide on me. We had a good run, but our time has come to an end. I have decided that the best way to honor my faithful game-giving friend is by tossing its lifeless husk to the curb and upgrading to a new model (I have decided this because I am probably a sociopath). This decision, however, has led me to something of a conundrum regarding my old save files, which I would like very much to keep. I want to upgrade to the new Slim model. I understand that there exists a cable that can transfer my old saves to the new system, but local Gamestop employees have told me (hopefully erroneously) that I need a working older model to use the transfer cable in question. I understand that the noble Gamestop employees are not always paragons of accurate information regarding such matters, so I decided to bring my question to you fine rubens for help.

This is the heart of my question:  Can I use the aforementioned cable to transfer my old data from my X Box White hard drive to a brand, spankin' new X Box Slim without having a functioning X Box White system?

I just wanted to tell you all good luck. We're all counting on you.

- SciencePanda

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Transfer Cable just needs a working X360 External HDD to attach on and you connect the USB It has to the new X360 S. Then it shall transfer data by command. It doesn't need another working X360. By the way make sure it's Microsoft Branded or you gonna be walking into problems.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.