Transfering Data from 2 Xbox Harddrives

So heres the situation

My brother and I have been sharing an account and harddrive for a while he wanted to play it so i let him now its gotten so out of control that I've bought a new harddrive and made him his own account (He's 6) anyway. I transfered all the data from one harddrive to another and i was wondering about the Xbox Live games. We have 2 seperate consoles mine is at my girlfriends house and not at home with me to do the License transfers can i just license transfer onto my new hard drive with the console i have here or do i need to go pick up my console from my girlfriends and do it there? We switch out hard drives alot.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

bump

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Licenses are connect to the console, not the hard drive. So you would need to do the license transfer on the console you need them on.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there

To add to what Smwutches mentioned, licenses are also connected to the account that bought the items. So the account that bought them is able to use the items on every console as long as it is connected to xbox live.

Also be aware that you can only do a license transfer once every 3 months.

For some more information about licenses etc see this link: support.xbox.com/.../download-content

Sorry this didn't help.