Transfer Save Files on Windows 8?

Hello,

In a few days, I will be switching my Windows 7 pc to Windows 8. I've been using Windows 8's 90 Days RTM version on a virtual PC for a while now, and want it to be my main OS. Problem is, I have some save files on my virtual PC I don't want to lose. Am I allowed to transfer them to my actual PC and use them, or would that be considered "gamesaving"?

- Essence

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

When you get the full version of Windows 8 installed, you can select 'Upgrade' to take all of your compatible programs and files with you to Windows 8! It'll even keep your desktop items the way they were. Your PC game-saves will be copied over with it, and they should still work with the games they are saved for. But just to be sure, ALWAYS back up what you're not prepared to lose, just in case anything goes wrong. If the game is on your main PC, you can safely move the game saves to it and put them where the saved games should be for that game. They are usually assigned to one account (or they should be if they are like the Xbox game saves), so they might not work with other profiles. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.