Transfer of Gamertag

I've recently changed my email address, but I inadvertantly created a gamertag on the new live ID I'm currently using. I have found no way to delete the gamertag via the computer, the only way being to delete it from an XBox 360 console, and this new gamertag is not associated with any, there fore I cannot delete or transfer it and free up my new WLID to allow me to transfer my Gamertag to it. Please help. >_<

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 61 Applies to:

You can add more than one gamertag to an Xbox console at a time, try that.  Also, barring that, you can take that new WLID you made and change it's email address to a NEW (third) email address (making them is free on many sites, like Google), and move the one you want to the now-free email.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, the thing is, I created the gamertag associated with my new WLID (this tag "Cl4rky") on the XBL website on my computer, and as far as I'm aware, (I have checked) it is currently not associated with my Xbox, and I have no idea how to do that.

In regards to your second suggestion, I can't change the WLID of this current GT to anything because it must be done through an Xbox which, sadly, I cannot currently do.

Sorry this didn't help.

Try and recover that gamertag on your console: forums.xbox.com/.../37357.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.