TRANSFER MICROSOFT PONTS?

Does anyone know if this is possible to send points from  my account to a friends?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

No. The only way you can transfer points is if you are the primary member of a family plan and are transferring points to another member of that plan.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It's not possible over Xbox Live; you'd have to buy a card or code and send it to the friend.

The only transfer possible is within the Family Pack, where the primary account can give Points to the others (and even set up a periodic "allowance").

Sorry this didn't help.

Will I ever be able to gift points to my friends?  It may not sound like much, but a huge loss of sales for your XBLA titles is probably caused by this missing feature.  For example, this past week some of my friends wanted to DL and play the new D&D game, but a few key individuals were on the fence.  If this were a normal situation, and we were considering going to see say a movie, I could have just tossed some cash at a couple of the fencers in order to sweeten the deal a

bit and get things moving.  But XBLA points are not transferable so there is not convenient way to deal with this.  Instead I had to use pay pal as a work around.  Also, this means that since a couple of key friends are fence sitting, everyone else is less likely to buy into it.  That creates a situation that sucks for everyone.  I can't play the game I just bought with my friends, and you guys sell FAR fewer games.  In this case you sold a couple copies, but you could have sold about 10.

Related to this,  with "normal" purchases, if I feel that something is overpriced in real life, I could 1) make a counteroffer or 2) wait till it goes on sale.  On the 360, things go on sale all the time, but I never seem to find out in time when it is something I want.  That's not optimal for your bottom line OR mine.  Why can't I tell the 360 what I would be willing to pay for an item?  The information would be INVALUABLE to your price-setting guys (and would also tell the developers when they should really think about lowering the price).  And also, when you DO eventually lower the price, you could send me a message so that I could become a grateful customer.  Sometimes it pays to listen to your customers.  And in this case you haven't really allowed them the means to let you know whether or not you are doing a good job at guessing the price that things should be.  Why guess??  Why not simply listen to your customers?  They are willing to tell you what they want.  And if you collect the data you will be better able to pick the price that will simultaneously maximize your profits and also make the largest number of customers happy for each game.  

This idea could make you millions of dollars and should be easy to implement.  You're welcome.  ;)

Sorry this didn't help.

nope

its cuts down on reports of hacked gamertags because people would abuse it like they currently are for paying for cheating services

the best option which you will have to manage yourself

goto amazon.com and ,make sure the points matches the region in of the account in question and use the digital services

also ms points are region locked

so sendiung to your friend in anothner country will not work anyways

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote]its cuts down on reports of hacked gamertags because people would abuse it like they currently are for paying for cheating services[/quote]

Exactly. All cheaters would pay for cheating services over xbox live itself, where Microsoft can monitor them. Really, cheaters would just pay the same way they do now - using this would just get them caught faster.

[quote]also ms points are region locked[/quote]

You act like that's a good thing. If someone buys something on one part of the world and tries to take it somewhere else, THAT'S BAD! HOW DARE YOU MOVE OR TRAVEL! NO POINTS FOR YOU!!! There is really no reason for MS points to be region locked, considering live subscription cards ARE NOT.

Sorry this didn't help.

yes but as it stands transfers are NOT monitored

and paying or offering for services is against the terms of use

so MS would have to monitor your every transaction?

not even sony supports that

if you get scamed thats yoiur issue as you did not use a supported service

also ms points are region locked due to monetary differences

you are allowed to travel however you MUST purchase the correct ms points for your account's regions

when you move you will face region errors for certain content UNLESS you create an new account in which case you still have to purchase the correct ms points for the new account

you can take your account with you but in order to use foreign ms points you need to match the account's region

Sorry this didn't help.