Transfer gamertag to different Microsoft account

G'day I am looking t transfer my gamertag "XboxPhilz" from my account (mod edit)  to my new microsoft account (mod edit) unfortunatly this email already (admittedly stupidly) has a gamertag on it already ("BioInspired") in my effort to change my gamertag Xboxphilz to this new account (mod edit) I have created a third dummy account (mod edit) which I have attempted to transfer the bio inspired gamertag to however at this stage I have been encountering the error message "sorry, we can't change your microsoft account right now" which from my research is meant to stop a gamertag being moved twice in 30 days. Howver this gamertag has never been moved previously so this must be a false error that I would like overridden.

Cheers Phil 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 37 Applies to:

i think you need to contact microsoft support via phone adn explain the issue but if you want to move it you will need to log on as the second account and remove the xbox gamertag completly from it first here is the support numbers

america support xbox

Xbox Support

Toll free: (800) 4MY-XBOX or (800) 469-9269 Hearing impaired (TDD device): (866) 740-9269 or (425) 635-7102 Games for Windows Support Toll free: (877)-274-4349

Hours of operation:

9 am to 1 am Eastern Time

6 am to 10 pm Pacific Time

united kingdom xbox support

Phone assistance is available.

Monday-Friday: 08:00-21:00 Saturday: 08:00-19:00 Sunday: 09:00-17:00 Phone numbers 020 7365 9792 or 0800 587 1102

Hearing Impaired (TTY device): 0800 5871103

Please note that if you call us using a mobile phone, there may be additional charges from your service provider. Please contact your service provider for more information.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you download a profile, that also triggers the 30 day 'speed bump', I hear.

Please also avoid putting real Microsoft Account addresses and real gamertags in posts in this public forum as they could be harvested by spammers and hackers.

And, yer in Oz, right? Support: 1800 555 741

============================================================

Gamertag A now uses Microsoft Account addresse #1

Gamertag B now uses Microsoft Account addresse #2 (old disabled email)

TODAY

On a PC make new Microsoft Account addresse #3 at http://signup.live.com

Switch Gamertag A to Microsoft Account addresse #3 on the Xbox with Settings | Account | --> --> Account Security | Change Microsoft Account which will free up the #1 Microsoft Account

IN 30 DAYS OR MORE FROM TODAY (write the date on your calandar)

Switch Gamertag B to Microsoft Account addresse #1 (current email) on the Xbox with Settings | Account | --> --> Account Security | Change Microsoft Account

WHY WAIT 30 DAYS?

Switching Microsoft Accounts multiple times was a trick used by account thieves, to 'muddy the trail' and make it tough to catch them. I hope you don't mind Microsoft making life difficult for account thieves...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.