Transfer from one xbox to the next?

Hey guys, I currently own the Xbox 360 250hd s and have transfered my data over. All going well so far, but my girlfriend has the old xbox 360, and no internet. (not so bad) But im wondering is there a way I can connect my 360s hard drive to my girlfirends Xbox360, so i can play on my account without having to constantly transfer data back and forth especially when the xbox's are at different houses?

Or is there another soultion? Like can i move my gamertag/profile (without all the games content) to a portable HDD and use it on my Girlfirends xbox360?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

You can move your profile onto a USB HDD/flash drive or memory stick mate...

Ok that seems a better solution. Obviously if i wanted to play a game save ill have to transfer that over with the profile.

[quote user="SJD Stuey"]

Obviously if i wanted to play a game save ill have to transfer that over with the profile.

[/quote]

Yup

Do xbox do their own protable hard drive that can hold a bigger amount of data from an external? Just wondering because it might be better to use that rather than my own HDD.

No but you can use a USB drive if you want to. I think it needs to be between 1gb and 16gb and you have to format it on the xbox for it to work.

Yeah you can use a USB flash drive as long as it's more than 1 GB and upto 16GB.

[quote user="SJD Stuey"]

Hey guys, I currently own the Xbox 360 250hd s and have transfered my data over. All going well so far, but my girlfriend has the old xbox 360, and no internet. (not so bad) But im wondering is there a way I can connect my 360s hard drive to my girlfirends Xbox360, so i can play on my account without having to constantly transfer data back and forth especially when the xbox's are at different houses?

Or is there another soultion? Like can i move my gamertag/profile (without all the games content) to a portable HDD and use it on my Girlfirends xbox360?

[/quote]

As others have said you can take your profile to another console via a USB stick but you have to make sure the Xbox that isn't connected to the internet has the system update to make the Xbox acknowledge external USB devices. You may want to bring her console to your place at some point to ensure this has been applied.

[quote user="Philip1979"]

[quote user="SJD Stuey"]

[/quote]

As others have said you can take your profile to another console via a USB stick but you have to make sure the Xbox that isn't connected to the internet has the system update to make the Xbox acknowledge external USB devices. You may want to bring her console to your place at some point to ensure this has been applied.

[/quote]As he has given his girlfriend his old console that he used online it should be OK as long as he got all the updates when he still use it.

Oh yea good point its his old one! Duhhhhhhh @ me!