Transfer data to new Console from Beta Console

I just purchased a 4GB 360 Slim model today becuase I need 802.11n wifi for my console now. I've heard of issues with the N adapter on consoles so I decided to buy a new console becuase the price diffrence was only 50 dollars because a store was running a sale on the 4GB model.

My current console is an arcade unit that was part of the recent Beta. I still still the beta channel on this machine. I have a hard drive transfer kit. Is it safe for me to transfer the data from my old console to the new one? I don't want to brick my new console. To me it appears like it's still part of the beta, also my old Hard drive was larger then 4GB. Since there isn't enough space available on the slim version will I be prompted to select what I wish to move. The only things I really care about are a few small arcade games, profiles and some gave saves which should all be under 4GB.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Go ahead and transfer your data.  The new update is out so the beta should be over (also the beta channel is linked to your old xbox anyway).  As far as transferring from the old xbox, you can pick and choose what you want to transfer.  I would recommend using a flash drive for this.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.