transfer content from old 360 with NO HDD to new XBOX w/ 250 GB HDD

Hello, I have the data transfer cable (MS) but my old box doesn't have a hard drive.  Can I pull the 250 from the new box and connect it to the old one as the destination WITHOUT messing up the existing content?

Thanks, 

Thadd

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

heres a question, wheres this existing content you are speaking of. If it's on a memory stick then just plug them memory stick into the old xbox and then use the transfer cable and do a transfer..

/?>?>

That should work.

Can you be more specific?  Yes, it's on the XBOX Memory Stick (256MB).  SO connect to USB on OLD and what on other end?  New HD?  

[quote user="RhaddMc"]

Can you be more specific?  Yes, it's on the XBOX Memory Stick (256MB).  SO connect to USB on OLD and what on other end?  New HD?  

[/quote]

If you have a 256 MB Memory Stick, just plug it into the new console in one of the USB ports and transfer the data that way. You do not need to involve the old console at all.

I believe he means the Memory unit www.amazon.co.uk/.../ref=sr_1_5.

-

These went into slots under the drive tray but support for them has been dropped with the Slim because of the USB update, which will be the solution in this case.

-

Format a USB stick for 360 storage support.xbox.com/.../usb-flash-drive and put it in the old console. Move all the info from the memory unit to the USB stick and then from the USB to the Slims hard drive.

One other thing I forgot to mention is this. Well thats if it applies to you.

><><>

www.xbox.com/.../FAQ