transfer cable

Recently I purchased a brand new Xbox 360 to replace my old one.  I purchased also with it a 250 GB hard drive and a transfer cable. (Per, the instructions on the Xbox website to transfer media and licenses to my new 360)  I live in central Montana without ready access to broadband internet and have a satellite service provider.  I was able to MOSTLY transfer previously downloaded games and content from my old Xbox hard drive to my new one.  When I logged online to complete the license transfer I was informed that would include the downloading the entire purchase all over again.  Due to my location I frequently play my Xbox without being connected to the internet.  Now I am unable to play my prior purchased items without being connected to Xbox live.  My complaints are as follows: first, the transfer cable is completely useless, it serves no point for any individual to transfer their media if you have to go online and download it separately again, there is no savings in time.  Secondly, nowhere at any location during my diligent process of following instructions did it say anywhere the process of transferring licenses is downloading the content again and that Microsoft Xbox prefers the use of broadband internet as opposed to satellite provided internet.  Had I known these items I wouldn't have purchased a new Xbox to replace my mostly functional, overly noisy, and oversized, with little storage space Xbox.  Now, I am only able to play my games while connected to Xbox live.  I am very frustrated at my experience with Xbox and expect a prompt reply to this post as to how the issue will be fixed (through the posting of appropriate information on the website) and the matter will be resolved with me, the customer.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

The transfer cable only serves to move files, not transfer licenses. Also, when completing the online license transfer, you don't have to redownload the content. This option is merely here for convenience. If any downloads do start, feel free to cancel them, as this is only the file, not the license. If after completing the license transfer process you are still unable to use your content offline or on other accounts, please contact phone support in your region (support.xbox.com/.../contact-us.aspx) for more help. Sorry for all the confusion here! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I would try calling Xbox Support directly about your problem. I don't think this is an issue anyone except the official support representatives would be able to help you fix. Please call: Toll free: (800) 4MY-XBOX or (800) 469-9269

Direct dial: (425) 635-7180

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.