Transfer cable trouble

I bought a new xbox along with a transfer cable. I had been using the old xbox 360 with the standard hard drive. I am now attempting to transfer my data to my new hard drive, except that it's stopped about halfway through and has been stalling on this one item: HAX (Film Clip). I have no prior knowledge of this being on my HDD and have no idea what it is. So I guess my question is can I restart my xbox? In doing so I'm afraid that my hard drive will be corrupted and all my data will be erased.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

There is always a risk of curruption everytime you Transfer your Content from one HDD to another. in the Event that this one item does follow through you may need to restart your console but the sole liability is on you. Note you can always get all Downloaded Content back Except any Game saves you have by visiting your Download History on Xbox.com on your Account Settings on your Dashboard.

i would also reccomend that you use one of the Back USB ports of your console when transfering Content as well!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I couldn't find quickly if the transfer is done by copying first to the new drive and deleting afterwards, or just moving the data. If it is copied then you would expect that it can be restarted, but that's a guess based on noting.

I know it isn't an answer to your question, but you might also want to transfer the licenses from the old console to the new one: www.xbox.com/.../faq

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.