Transfer cable and data on new HDD

I recently bought a 4GB Xbox 360 with the 250 HDD to add. I recovered my gamertag and my Cloud save file. So I want to transfer my data to the new HDD from the old HDD but I am worried about mixing saved files. The only mix would be Gears 3. If I delete the save off the new HDD and leave the cloud save, would I have an issue with corrupting files? Thanks for any input.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

[quote user="OIBND"]I recovered my gamertag and my Cloud save file.[/quote]Recover is no longer the term to use. Your profile can be downloaded to multiple consoles. Same goes for Cloud Storage, however Cloud Storage save files do not "sync" until you try playing the game associated with the save files on the "new" console.[quote]So I want to transfer my data to the new HDD from the old HDD but I am worried about mixing saved files.[/quote]Why? HDD storage and Cloud Storage are two different things.

To manually copy save game files via the data migration cable, attach the cable and drive, then cancel all the transfer dialogs. Go back into System Settings, Memory, and you'll see a Transfer Cable device. You can Copy/Move content to/from the Transfer Cable device just as you do with any other storage device. Manually copy over the files you want from the old HDD to the new HDD or to Cloud Storage.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The only game I had synced with cloud was Gears 3. All my other games are on my old HDD as I wasn't thinking at the time to move them to the cloud. I was just excited to get the new one as my old one was starting to have issues.

"You can Copy/Move content to/from the Transfer Cable device just as you do with any other storage device. Manually copy over the files you want from the old HDD to the new HDD or to Cloud Storage."

Just clarifying, so I can pick what I want to transfer from one to the other? It doesn't just transfer everything?

Thanks for the answers and your time.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="OIBND"]Just clarifying, so I can pick what I want to transfer from one to the other? It doesn't just transfer everything?[/quote]There are three transfer options. The first two are via the automated dialogs. You can opt to Move everything, or you can selectively Move things you choose via the automated dialogs. The selective option allows you to check off what you want Moved, then move them all in one shot.

The third option is to cancel the dlalogs and manually Copy or Move data from System Settings, Memory. In System Settings, Memory, you can drill down into specific storage devices, then folders, then highlight specific files and choose to Copy or Move them to another storage device. Keep in mind that this process is completely manual - there's no checkbox option to allow selection of a bunch of files, then Copy or Move them all in one shot. What you lose in selection you gain in granularity as well as the Copy option (the transfer option is Move only).

Sorry this didn't help.