Trading of digital goods "important" for users says Xbox Exec.

I found this interesting article with a bunch of questions relating to used games, ads on the dash, forcing Kinect into games etc. I found it a good read so maybe you will too. Click here if interested.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

It's a good read but it made me kind of angry. Most of it just seems like the typical corporate responses too. A few things that bothered me:

1: How would you sell digital content second hand? To me that makes no sense because second hand would cost less but with digital content nothing is actually "used". They would be essentially selling new content for a discounted price. Which in turn means they should just lower the price to begin with.

2: How can he say you can't seperate core gamers and mainstream audience? There are tons and tons of people who like to play just video games on their console. I understand what he is saying about everyone not playing games all day everyday but not everyone uses an xbox for everything. A fair amount of people would also like to see them stick more with video games instead of "a little bit of everything".

3: He completely ignores 2 points in the question that has to do with ads on the dashboard. He only mentions how they have updated the dash so it keeps getting better and better.

Overall it just made me angry reading this and I was I had the chance to ask him those same questions but not stop until he actually answers them.

Kind of funny really since if you try and trade digital goods over LIVE they ban you for using the service for commercial purposes.

I hear you NoxiousFarts. That annoyed me too about the ads question. It was like he was oblivious to the question and didn't listen to any feedback despite him saying otherwise.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

[quote user="NoxiousFarts"]

2: How can he say you can't seperate core gamers and mainstream audience? There are tons and tons of people who like to play just video games on their console. I understand what he is saying about everyone not playing games all day everyday but not everyone uses an xbox for everything. A fair amount of people would also like to see them stick more with video games instead of "a little bit of everything".

[/quote]

This is exactly how I feel. I do not want or need a game console to do anything except play games, especially when the gaming end suffers, as it clearly has with the 360. The vast majority of things the 360 does, it doesn't do as well as other devices. Everything has been watered down, and gaming is getting lost in the mix. Microsoft is trying so hard to have their hand in every pot, they don't realize (or care) that all of their pots are filled with bad food.