Tracking

So my xbox one was stolen, I don't know who took it and I have filed a police report.

But all the police can do is post the SN in a database.

I think it would be a nice feature if MSFT could tell you what ip address your xbox one is connected to.   

Because I would really like to have my xbox back so I can play games during the Christmas season. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 67 Applies to:

Ho ho ho.

that's very grown up for an ambassador, they ought to use what apple do and have a hardcoded app called find my xbox and have it so they cannot remove the user id without the password.

It was just a commentary on people and their so called Christmas spirit. Nothing more.

[quote user="War Captain"]

So my xbox one was stolen, I don't know who took it and I have filed a police report.

I think it would be a nice feature if MSFT could tell you what ip address your xbox one is connected to.   

Because I would really like to have my xbox back so I can play games during the Christmas season. 

[/quote]MS can, provided that the police contacts them.  There have been cases where the police was reluctant to contact MS because they weren't aware MS could do anything (or at least that's how the article read).  Once the police contacted them, the person got their console back.  

[/quote]

where did you order it from? i think some places track serial numbers. you should be able to get it flagged as stolen so when someone tries to use it, it'll show up as stolen. IDK if police will bother but its worth a try. also did you get shipping insurance?

I already had it.  It was stolen from my house. And when I talked to MSFT they said that they couldn't track it, at least that was what the support representative said.  Could you link where MSFT can track it and I can forward that to the detective.

I already had it.  It was stolen from my house. And when I talked to MSFT they said that they couldn't track it, at least that was what the support representative said.  Could you link where MSFT can track it and I can forward that to the detective.

[/quote]

did you register it or do you have the serial number? If not your probably gonna be SOL

Definitely should have an app for tracking.  OP I hope you get it back, do you have home insurance?