Topping up my Xbox live problem!!

So I have recently been trying to renew my Xbox Gold subsription both online and on the dashboard, but whenever I try to buy it, I get the following message

Cannot retrieve information from Xbox live.

Please Try again later

Status code: 80190864

I have a feeling this is related to the fact I have been suspended recently due to payment problems. Whenever I attempt to buy something other than Gold, I do not have this issue.

Please help! I would very much like to take advantage of an offer on the Live dashboard, and cant!!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

What status code 80190864 for your Xbox means is that the payment option attached to your account has billing violation present on it. You can resolve this issue by updating your payment instrument to pay a past due balance

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there.

It may be a good idea to contact the xbox support line for this matter. Seeing as the suspension has been lifted I would assume you have resolved the payment / outstanding balance issue. What about trying a different credit/debit card?

On the other hand, signing into www.billing.microsoft.com will reveal if there is an outstanding balance against your account or not.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.