Too much Gamerscore

Hello,
Not quite sure where this is supposed to go, so I took a shot

A few days ago, when I was playing some Call of Duty: World at War, I joined a modified Zombie-lobby. Sure as hell, I was enjoying the mods, flying about like the boss, and having a hovering car above my head. But all of a sudden, my game froze, and I was disconnected for a brief time. It turned out my Xbox was overworked unlocking all the game's achievements. I remember only obtaining one achievement in the game, and now I have every one except for some DLC-related ones.

So I wondered if there is any way to remove this from my Gamerscore? I don't really care that it's there, but I don't want Xbox LIVE staff to apprehend it as me cheating, and therefore bann me, or perhaps reset my G. I E-mailed and discussed the issue with the Swedish support for a couple of days, but they redirected me here, since they were not allowed to answer those kinds of questions.

Kind regards,
Andreas Håkansson

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I wouldn't be worried so much about the gamerscore as I would be about the fact that you just came onto the xbox forums and admitted to taking part in a lobby that is explicitly against the ToU and CoC.

Achievements rung up would have only meant a reset of your gamerscore.  Knowingly taking part in a modded lobby can result in a gamertag ban and loss of all DLC./MS Points/Gold membership on your account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You basically screwed yourself up

Sorry this didn't help.

Before patronizing me, I must add that I didn't join a modified lobby on purpose (perhaps it's no excuse, but I am merely human). It's just that EVERY single game on World at War is modified today. I urge you to go online yourselves and try to play a few games without stumbling across one. Eventually, you just go "aww, hell with it", and play whatever lobby you join.

I remember this being an issue with Modern Warfare 2 as well, but at the time I played MW2 seriously, so me and my friends always disconnected from the modded games. Then, due to a patch, I think, the issues of modded lobbies were no longer present.

However, they are in WaW. And you find them at a far higher rate than you ever did in MW2. Seems as if Treyarch simply doesn't care about their game anymore.

Anyhow, thanks for your response. I did not know about it being a violation (though now that you mention it, I recall one of my friends saying so whilst disconnecting from a modded MW2 lobby), because honestly, I didn't read the entire Terms of agreement. Your response won't help me sleep at night, (considering I have hundreds of dollars (thousands of Swedish Krona) worth of DLC accumulated during several years, and of course the fact that I'm a student without the income to purchase it all over again. But at least you replied, and that has to account for something.

Sorry this didn't help.

"Don't intentionally play with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods to help inflate your game rank or gamerscore. "

The word intentionally is quite ambiguous. I had no idea it was even possible to "inflate gamerscore". Perhaps your own, if you were the one modding, but not other people's.

Oh, all I wanted to do was play some World at War... and now I'm facing these risks? Life's fair, huh?

Sorry this didn't help.