Told to post here about my ban

I recently contacted xboxlives hotline and was told to post here in this section about my problem (not section 14 despite i know ill probably be told thats where i need to post) . I was console banned last night (and so was my brother whos xbox is right in the room beside me) and i have not done anything of tampering or any sort,  my xbox was bought brand new from the box at walmart roughly a year ago. I know it has not been modded, never done any sort of piracy, no nudity or sexual content. nothing deserving of a ban. seeing as ive definitley put in well more then a thousand dollars into xbox's and accessories in the past few years i would like to know that there is some way i can recieve input onto WHY i was console banned i dont want possibilities i want a reason if its so hard to tell me. I'm sure there hs been a misunderstanding or mistake of some sort and i hope that you can consider the possibilty that a mistake has been made and contact me with some helpful information. Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

Microsoft do not un-ban previously banned consoles as they are permanent. They do not ban people's consoles/accounts lightly, they do so after several investigations.

The most common reason for a banned console is modifying it, but there are other reasons such as marketplace theft.

You might want to post in section 14 in order to get an official answer. Although they might just delete your thread and post a link like below as they do not discuss console bans.

Console Ban 

You might also want to check out this thread.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.