Todays update messed up xbox?

So my xbox was FINE yesterday, playing online like normal, nothing has changed with any settings.

I get the message to download todays update. However after a little while the screen flashes and then it announces it cannot download it because I'm not connected to xbox live.

I test my connection. It says the xbox is connected to the internet but not xbox live.

I tried everything in the troubleshoot guide. Modem off, router off, both off, everything unplugged etc. Opened required ports on firewall even though I'm sure it wasn't needed. Defaulted to factory settings, let it find it again etc.

Eventually it seemed to work, with the updated downloading and re-starting my xbox. However when the xbox turned back on I got a message saying it couldn't finish the download. Now all my accounts avatars are just white and don't move when I log in. Update still won't download..still says I'm connected to the internet..not xbox live.

Error code seems to keep changing but right now it's settled on...

397F-0000-3080-0506-8007-045D

this is so frustrating as I got a new game today and had the afternoon free to give it a whirl online...but nope.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 29 Applies to:

I'm with you on this one man, it seem that it's not the update though, but a server fault since it happens before Xbox update is even downloaded. They screwed up something really badly, as we're not alone in this issue, but they won't admit it. More and more I'm thinking about getting a PS3 instead. Not much difference, but at least it's free to play online.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Joe! I understand you are having some issues with the update. For that error code I would suggest the following steps and let me know if that helps. If you get a different error code after this, please let me know, thanks! 

A storage device (memory unit or hard drive) was not found during the software update. Follow these steps:

1. Turn off your console.
  2. Remove all console storage devices, including any USB flash drives, external hard drives, or the internal hard drive on the Xbox 360 S console. Learn how to remove the hard drive.
  3. Add your primary storage device, for example, the hard drive.
  4. Turn on the console
  5. Try updating the console again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Gwyther thanks a lot buddy! I tried many thingssuggested but didn't see that method and it's worked like a charm!

Sorry this didn't help.

Awesome, glad you're back up and running! Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other issues we can assist with. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having a similar issue with xbox update. The xbox just had an update, everything was working fine but then the update stopped. Gave me an E-69 error and to contact xbox support..so i called, got support on the phone...said my xbox had been internally tampered with, and Microsoft computers could tell that from the serial number on the back of the system which is straight up horse pootuey(sp). My xbox is not that old, being an S MODEL, but I did manage to clear system cache when i installed the old hard drive, that the xbox support person told me that code meant the hardrive failed. Brand new bought and paid for at gamestop which i spend plenty of xbox apparel at. Never have i ever hacked or opened my xbox. Old hard drive placed in a brand new xbox s model did the update and worked immediately...unfortunately new hard drive didn't work in the other older s model. Call me crazy but i think it might be the reader inside the xbox that maybe faulty. Or the update did actually  hear me outhave setting to do with the "Now" inoperal system. Anyways hear me out i need some help, support told me nothing i wanted or needed to hear, hince not the oracle.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Scartan, we are willing to help, but we would like you to start your own topic describing your problem.

I can say that even though the system is brand new, that doesn't mean the HD isn't faulty.

Sorry this didn't help.