Today Show Thinks Adult Gamers Are Weird

Don't know what to say guys, I'm 36 ( 37 ) this year, Checkout the stat's at bottom of this post.

Recently the hosts of The Today Show took a break from their regular talk show schedule to laugh at the thought of adult gamers.

"Do you think it's okay for men to play video games in their 30s and over?" Asked one of the announcers, unable to get through the question without breaking into laughter.

Kathie Lee Gifford didn't wait to weigh in with her opinion, proudly proclaiming "No, that's weird. Xbox."

"The answer is no," added some guy named Donny Deutsch, who Wikipedia says is a "TV personality." "When you're in your thirties, there should be something more on your mind or attention than video games."

After agreeing that it's okay for parents to play games with their kids, Hoda Kotb provided the last glimmering insight, stating that the question is only referring to "those weird ones in the basement."

We could, as GameSetWatch pointed out, respond to their criticisms with the fact that the average gamer is now 37, that women make up 42% of gamers, and that a whopping 29% of gamers are now over the age of 50 - which by the Today Show's standards would make them really weird. But I'm alright with this trio's unduly harsh judgment, because honestly, I can't think of anything weirder than listening to what a bunch morning talk show hosts blab about in-between commercials for reality shows and soap operas.

Source...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Had to laugh at the second comment on here "I hope to be a gaming Grandad one day". lol.....I am a gaming Grandad myself with 3 Grandchildren. I am on gaming every night without fail from 9 pm to around 1 am and love it. Like others I've been gaming since the 70s and got hooked.

I;m 30 and still into gaming and don't plan to stop either, as above my generation grew up playing games from the Nintendo Nes and every generation onwards from there. I'd much rather play games than the rubbish which is on tv these days, people who sit watching Eastenders, Corronation Street etc cannot criticise!!

Couldn't give a flying fig about what some jumped up middle class presenters think what I should be or shouldn't be doing with my time. I'm 50 in February and have been playing games since the mid seventies. Why shouldn't we still have an interest in it as adults, of course there are 29% of gamers are fifty or over, we are the generation this medium started in!! The reflexes have slowed down over the years but I still play a few hours a night if I can. lol

32 soon and still gaming hard! Whats the alternative? Sit and watch TV?? No thanks, rather have a laugh with my mates and crush them at the same time :)

[View:http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq59/sprolf/Advice-King-GRAVEDIG-BAD.jpg]

hehe my wife asked me the other day when am i gonna stop playing games.

i told her when i either lose my arms or i die

iam 32 and been gaming since the 80's! i am always gunna do what i find  fun and entertaining  dont give a toss what other people think about me and what i do.

TV having a dig because gaming has now overtaken films and music as the most popular and lucrative form of entertainment?

I think they need to take the facts into consideration before coming up with old fashioned views such as these!

Anyone remember a time when the TV was kept in a closed cupboard, I wonder why?

[quote user="FatMond"]

Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?'. The girl said, 'NO!', and the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing, hunting and played his Xbox, and played golf a lot and drank beer and scotch and had tons of money in the bank and got together with some freaky birds who also loved games and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted and didn't worry about what people thought about him on OXF. The end.

[/quote]

Tis my favorite bed time story.

[quote user="gooslaps goop"]

i don't really care what other people think about gamers over 30 but i hope to be a gaming grandad some day

[/quote]

Me to :)