[To moderator] I don't want to do an illegal actions, so please answer my question.

Someone is offering me an account for a very good price with a couple of games on it (downloadable through marketplace).

I do not know why he is offering it by this price but it's a really occassion.

I don't want to do illegal actions as I mention before, so I'm checking this forum and what I see is BAN section with lots of BANs in it.

I've found this as reaseon for BAN and i have a few questions (which can be found under quote):

"

This Xbox console has been permanently suspended from access to Xbox LIVE due to involvement in the purchase, sale, theft, or transfer of Xbox LIVE account(s). This conduct was discovered by an investigation into the activity occurring on the console.

The conduct that caused this ban may include, but is not limited to:

• Unauthorized account recovery or usage

• Unauthorized purchases/redemptions on an account

• Offering to buy, sell, lend, or transfer an account

• Attempts to commit fraud

To help avoid future account suspensions, please review the Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct and the Terms of Use here:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Legal/CodeOfConduct
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Legal/LiveTOU
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoleban"

I've checked both Term Of Use and Code Of Conduct .... and:

There is nothing about:

• Unauthorized account recovery or usage - unauthirized by who ? Microsoft? There is nothing about it in terms of use nor code of conduct.
• Unauthorized purchases/redemptions on an account - unathorized by who? Microsoft? There is nothing about it in terms of use nor code of conduct.
•  Offering to buy, sell, lend, or transfer an account - oh yes, there is something about SELLING , but I want to be a buyer not seller.
There is nothing about it in code of conduct nor terms of use, so why do people get bans because of something which isn't disallowed ?

You know, I want to buy this account and there's nothing wrong in it because the therms of use and code of conduct don't disallow it, do they ?

Please point me where is it say that I can't BUY account ?

And since there is nothing about it in Code Of Conduct and Terms of Use, why are you keep banning people for it ?

I'm scared because you don't obey your own rules.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

From the Code of Conduct:

•  Unauthorized account recovery or usage

"Don’t make unauthorized modifications to your account profile or its contents."

•  Unauthorized purchases/redemptions on an account

"Don’t make unauthorized modifications to your account profile or its contents."

•  Offering to buy, sell, lend, or transfer an account

"Don’t lend, transfer, sell, or otherwise provide access to your account to any individual."

•  Attempts to commit fraud

"Some offenses warrant an immediate permanent suspension, including without limitation: hacking, modding, fraud, severe racial remarks, nudity on the Xbox LIVE Vision camera or Kinect camera, repeated creation of inappropriate gamertags or profile content, or posting viruses or URLs to viruses"

Here's where it says don't buy an account: Just don't do it. You'll get banned. If selling an account is a ban-able offense, then it should be obvious that buying an account is just as ban-able.

Spoiler Alert: They're obeying their own rules, you just need to learn to read better.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

1.""Don’t make unauthorized modifications to your account profile or its contents."

Buying an account has nothing to do with  account profile modification.

2."Don’t lend, transfer, sell, or otherwise provide access to your account to any individual."

There's nothing about buying.

Believe me, I've read it coiple of tomes and there is NOTHING about it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Where did I say that buying an account has to do with profile modification?

•  Offering to buy, sell, lend, or transfer an account

"Don’t lend, transfer, sell, or otherwise provide access to your account to any individual."

Is what I said.

Selling and buying are intertwined, you can't have a seller without a buyer. Taking this knowledge, if it's illegal to sell an account, then why the heck do you think it be ok to buy an account? Just because it's not definitively defined for you doesn't mean that you shouldn't use common sense to figure it out for yourself.

The big answer here is: Just don't do it, you won't risk getting in trouble that way.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you don't want to listen to reason than feel free to get that stolen account on your xbox, which will get it permabanned.  Just read the console ban forum and that is the number one reason for consoles being banned right now.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Just don't do it. Buying and selling account is against the ToU. You WILL get permabanned.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="AdeptJupiter4"]

There is nothing about:

• Unauthorized account recovery or usage - unauthirized by who ?
 Microsoft? There is nothing about it in terms of use nor code of conduct.
• Unauthorized purchases/redemptions on an account - unathorized by who? Microsoft?
There is nothing about it in terms of use nor code of conduct.
•  Offering to buy, sell, lend, or transfer an account - oh yes, there is something about SELLING , but I want to be a buyer not seller.
There is nothing about it in code of conduct nor terms of use, so why do people get bans because of something which isn't disallowed ?

[/quote]

You may want to read the ToU again. It is plain as day.

[quote user="Terms of Use"]

3. Using the Service.

You must comply with this contract, all applicable laws, and the Microsoft Anti-spam Policy ( http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=117951) when using the Service. You must also obey any policies, codes of conduct and notices we provide, including the Code of Conduct ( http://www.xbox.com/legal/codeofconduct and its successors) ("Code of Conduct"). You agree that the Service is only for your personal use, and you will not use the Service, any content available on the Service, or your account, for any commercial purpose. You may be unable to use the Service outside the country associated with your account ("Territory").

You must not use the Service to harm others or the Service. For example, you must not:

• use the Service to harm, threaten, or harass another person, organization, or Microsoft;
  • damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Service (or any network or Authorized Device connected to the Service);
  • resell or redistribute any part of the Service or access to the Service;
  • use or attempt to use any unauthorized means to modify, reroute, or gain access to the Service;
  • use any automated process or service (such as a bot, a spider, periodic caching of information stored by Microsoft, or metasearching) to access or use the Service, or to copy or scrape data from the Service;
  • obtain (or try to obtain) any data from the Service or related hardware, except the data that we intend to make available to you; or
  • use the Service or related hardware to design, develop, or update unauthorized software

[/quote]

Commercial use falls under selling or buying the account to gain anything.  You may think it is OK to buy it, but its not in any way OK to sell or buy anything of this sort.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, so here is another thing.

How can Microsoft proof that someone bought/sold their account?

Maybe someone just gave his account to another one free of charge. It's possible,isn't it?

Microsoft has no measures to check it.

I'm sure that you will just say that you can use only account that was created by you.

Ok,now I know, I will not buy it.

I just thought that it's not right to ban all console, you should ban just contend which was downloaded through that account,that's it.

Anyway,thanks for your answer, I do not agree with it at all but I'm so small in compare to MS that I don't even dare to fight. We ALL now it,don't we?

Sorry this didn't help.

Any major changes to the account will show as the GT being sold.

Name changes, CC being changed, New console recovering the account.

Sorry this didn't help.

They simply have their ways. It is not up to us to understand how they do things. It is up to us to use and enjoy the service.

We all agree to the ToU and CoC.  This allows us to have fun, play games watch movies and just enjoy our Xbox. If we don't follow the rules Microsoft an Xbox deal with the situation as they see fit. Now they have rules and guidelines to follow. Depending on what you did or how many times determines a punishment.  If you don't believe me that all users are treated the same way go read in this forum for a while.

Bottom line, follow the rules and you will be good to go.

Sorry this didn't help.

@ fyerball 72 and MS Staff

I've checked couple of things and I totally disagree with you:

"You agree that the Service is only for your personal use, and you will not use the Service, any content available on the Service, or your account, for any commercial purpose. "

Commercial use takes place when someone is trying to earn money by selling accounts - so the abuser is the SELLER ONLY.

example:

Company "A" has MS WORD HOME EDITION but they making money on selling their printing works - they commit a violation against commercial use.

But the one who is buying their printings doesn't do nothing illegal.

"resell or redistribute any part of the Service or access to the Service"

As above, only SELLER can resell or redistribute, not BUYER.

"Commercial use falls under selling or buying the account to gain anything."

That is only your interpretation which isn't true.

I'm asking again, why are you keep banning people who just BUY accounts while this isn't forbiden nor by terms of use nor by Code Of Conduct ?

Sorry this didn't help.