To Mister Gwyther (or anyone who knows extensively about Xbox 360 terms of use): About changing HDDs.

About three or four years ago, my husband and I had to purchase a new 360, because the old one repeatedly gave the "red ring of doom".  The old one was a replacement from Xbox/MS because our original one had done the same thing, as well.  We bought the Xbox Arcade version because it had the ability to take the hard drive from the old one (and because we learned some models were "backwards compatible" with the original Xbox games).  We put the original hard drive from our previous console into the Arcade one.  We did not modify it, either by removing or adding anything to it.  To be honest we had/have no need.  It fit perfectly into the Arcade version, as it was designed to have an HDD added to it.  All we did was pop it out of the old console and move it into the new one.  That's all.  End of story.  And, like I said, that was three or four years ago, so this is probably a stupid question, but I'm exhausting every possible reason why our console was banned recently, with no Xbox Live Gold membership, no friends on Live, no modifications to our console (unless changing your HDD is one, but then, why make it removable in the first place, if that wasn't the intent?).  Do you know if that, or if a modem that could be close to mechanical failure could put up a "red flag," as it were?  I would really appreciate any input on this, other than "Oh, you're guilty and you know it".  For those of us who aren't, it's really frustrating that you know some of the people who are, didn't get banned.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

remeber the terms of use violations is not limited to modification

if it wasn't a 3 year old console then i'd ask about if the unit was a xbox s which is not possible 3 years ago

so repeat violations or buying a used xbox from any seller or marketplace theft and other things can lead upto a ban

read this and remeber it is NOT limited to those violations

forums.xbox.com/.../67949.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Mister Gwyther will not be able to tell you why it was banned. They only people that can tell you anything about bans are here. I hate to say it but 99% of the time they will not go into any detail as to why a console was issued a ban other then they have proof. I don't know what proof they have I am just telling you what I see posted all the time. ToU and CoC violations fall into these bans but mostly its a modification or some type of theft or tampering. Sorry to say but I am not sure anyone can give you the reason.

Sorry this didn't help.

For account suspensions, please post in forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx.

For console bans, please read http://xbox.com/consoleban.

For "marketplace theft" issues, please read forums.xbox.com/.../62589.aspx.

For general info on violations and penalties, please read support.xbox.com/.../terms-of-use-conduct.

Sorry this didn't help.