To Miss Ermine and Miss Kleo - Information RE Tenure - found possible source. Please Review.

Oh Boy I think I found (GOLD) and located what the issue is - for those with long term Tenure's please review your transaction history for your Xbox Live account at http://commerce.microsoft.com I bet it's the SAME Thing!!

I found where MS may have messed up and it's more then likely the source for which we see the bad calculations on some of these long term tenure account and why most if not all of us are seeing EXACTLY 3 years knocked off of 10 year and 9 year accounts - In fact for any account that started prior to 2005.

Here's how my history goes and NOTICE in November of 2005 I payed for GOLD on my anniversary date 11/18/2005 but for some reason (And somehow I believe this maybe when MS was offering some kind of promotion to get 20% off XBOX LIVE GOLD from there after) it only went to 11/23/2005 but you can see on 11/23/2005 it picked up again expiring 11/18/2006.  Not ONCE did it transition from Gold to Silver back to Gold  - this was something with MS Billing changing things around and me taking their offer to get a percentage off but still keeping a GOLD account.

Now If my 1st grade math serves me correctly 2005-2012 is 7 years and the calculation for tenure is is *** up because the way MS changed billing on the account.

MS PLEASE GO CHECK MY BILLING HISTORY and now after pointing this out PLEASE FIX MY TENURE and EVERYONE ELSES TENURE for Service that Matches this. I can guarantee this is the source of your issue - to coincidental for long tenure accounts to be losing exactly 3 years.

It's not us going SILVER it's your system not calculating right.

You can thank me later for my technical debugging skills ;)

Thanks -  

MY HISTORY as I see it on commerce.microsoft.com for my Long Tenure account CyberMaxX

Gold 20% off 12 Months (current) Expiration Date:  11/18/2013  Purchase Date: 11/18/2012

Gold 20% off 12 Months Expiration Date:  11/18/2012  Purchase Date: 11/18/2011

Gold 20% off 12 Months Expiration Date:  11/18/2011  Purchase Date: 11/18/2010

Gold 20% off 12 Months Expiration Date:  11/18/2010  Purchase Date: 11/18/2009

Gold 20% off 12 Months Expiration Date:  11/18/2009  Purchase Date: 11/18/2008

Gold 20% off 12 Months Expiration Date:  11/18/2008  Purchase Date: 11/18/2007

Gold 20% off 12 Months Expiration Date:  11/18/2007  Purchase Date: 11/18/2006

Gold 20% off 12 Months Expiration Date:  11/18/2006  Purchase Date: 11/23/2005

Description:

Your current Xbox Live® subscription will be modified to an Xbox Live Gold Membership. Any and all remaining time on your Xbox Live subscription will be transferred to your Gold Membership. You will have continued access to demos, trailers, downloads, tournaments, friends, and your gamertag, your unique digital identity. AT THE END OF YOUR CURRENT MEMBERSHIP TERM, YOUR MEMBERSHIP WILL AUTOMATICALLY RENEW TO AN ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP AT THE CURRENT ANNUAL PRICE, unless you change your renewal or cancel before your membership ends. Pricing details can be viewed in the Account Management area of your gamer profile. For information about changing or canceling your membership and your membership refund policy, go to www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Gold 20% off 12 Months Expiration Date:  11/23/2005  Purchase Date: 11/18/2005

Description:

We’re glad that you’ve chosen to challenge your friends in the ultimate high-speed gaming arena, with access to downloads, tournaments, and exclusive features like your unique gamertag and friends list across every game. Your subscription to Xbox Live covers 12 months of Xbox Live service. For this subscription you will be charged $49.99 per year, plus applicable taxes. Unless you cancel your subscription before it ends, you will automatically renew to the currently selected renewal subscription type at the then current price, which is viewable in the Account Management section of the Xbox Dashboard. For information about cancelling your subscription and the refund policy for your subscription, please see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Gold 20% off 12 Months Expiration Date:  11/18/2005  Purchase Date: 11/18/2004

Gold 20% off 12 Months Expiration Date:  11/18/2004  Purchase Date: 11/18/2003

Gold 20% off 12 Months Expiration Date:  11/18/2003  Purchase Date: 11/18/2002

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Wow man. You are going all in. I honestly gave up and gave in on how retarded they operate tenure. here's hoping a "Member since" feature gets added on your gamer card for the next Xbox.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Never give up the fight when you've been wronged - it shows a sign of weakness.

With that said....

Member Since is a good idea, like American Express - but then again hey I and others have worked at 10 years consecutive being GOLD status carrying members never letting our status slide for one-iota.

So on my card perhaps it should read

CyberMaxX: Member Since 2002

Gold Service Paying the Bills and Salaries Status 10 years* in good standings, Silver Service Freeloader Status 0 years

*Consecutive non-interrupted years

;)

Sorry this didn't help.

You're on to something!  Thank you very much.  LOL.  Looking at my subscription history, I have been a gold member for the last 10 years.  In March 2007 I elected to do the 20% off to renew my GOLD (which I had already renewed for the year) for the next year.  That would explain the 5 year tenure.  If they would just look at my history like I just did, they'd see I was wrongfully stripped of my 10.

Sorry this didn't help.

Gold – 12 Month (current)

Description:

Xbox LIVE® is the online service for your Xbox 360® that brings you the best in entertainment. This membership auto-renews annually at the then current price (subject to change) until you cancel. You may cancel at any time. For cancellation info, call 1-800-469-9269 or see www.xbox.com/live/accounts. For $59.99 plus applicable taxes, your Xbox LIVE Gold membership takes your Xbox 360 online to play Kinect™ and controller games with friends wherever they are. Instantly watch HD movies, TV shows and sports, and with Kinect, your voice is the remote control. Additional subscriptions required for some Xbox LIVE features. See xbox.com/live. Broadband Internet, games and media content sold separately.

Expiration Date:

01/19/2014

Purchase Date:

01/19/2013

Gold – 12 Month

Description:

Xbox LIVE® is the online service for your Xbox 360® that brings you the best in entertainment. This membership auto-renews annually at the then current price (subject to change) until you cancel. You may cancel at any time. For cancellation info, call 1-800-469-9269 or see www.xbox.com/live/accounts. For $59.99 plus applicable taxes, your Xbox LIVE Gold membership takes your Xbox 360 online to play Kinect™ and controller games with friends wherever they are. Instantly watch HD movies, TV shows and sports, and with Kinect, your voice is the remote control. Additional subscriptions required for some Xbox LIVE features. See xbox.com/live. Broadband Internet, games and media content sold separately.

Expiration Date:

01/19/2013

Purchase Date:

01/19/2012

Gold – 12 Month

Description:

Expiration Date:

01/19/2012

Purchase Date:

01/19/2011

Gold – 12 Month

Description:

This membership auto-renews annually at the then current price (subject to change) until you cancel. You may cancel at any time. For cancellation info, call 1-800-4MY-XBOX or see www.xbox.com/live/accounts. Buy a 12-month Gold membership today for only $49.99 Plus Applicable Taxes!  As a Gold member, play games online with friends and enjoy Gold-only discounts.  Instantly stream HD movies from Netflix* and watch live sports and highlights from ESPN on Xbox LIVE*.  Connect with friends and family through Facebook, Twitter, and Video Kinect – right from your TV!  Then, tune into personalized music with Last.fm and Zune Pass*. (*Additional subscriptions and requirements apply; see xbox.com/live)

Expiration Date:

01/19/2011

Purchase Date:

01/19/2010

Gold – 12 Month

Description:

This membership auto-renews annually at the then current price (subject to change) until you cancel. You may cancel at any time. For cancellation info, call 1-800-4MY-XBOX or see www.xbox.com/live/accounts. Buy a 12-month Gold membership today for only $49.99 Plus Applicable Taxes!  As a Gold member, play games online with friends and enjoy Gold-only discounts.  Instantly stream HD movies from Netflix* and watch live sports and highlights from ESPN on Xbox LIVE*.  Connect with friends and family through Facebook, Twitter, and Video Kinect – right from your TV!  Then, tune into personalized music with Last.fm and Zune Pass*. (*Additional subscriptions and requirements apply; see xbox.com/live)

Expiration Date:

01/19/2010

Purchase Date:

01/19/2009

Gold – 12 Month

Description:

Expiration Date:

01/19/2009

Purchase Date:

03/06/2008

Gold – 12 Month

Description:

Expiration Date:

03/05/2008

Purchase Date:

01/18/2008

Gold – 12 Month

Description:

Your current Xbox Live® subscription will be modified to an Xbox Live Gold Membership. Any and all remaining time on your Xbox Live subscription will be transferred to your Gold Membership. You will have continued access to demos, trailers, downloads, tournaments, friends, and your gamertag, your unique digital identity. AT THE END OF YOUR CURRENT MEMBERSHIP TERM, YOUR MEMBERSHIP WILL AUTOMATICALLY RENEW TO AN ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP AT THE CURRENT ANNUAL PRICE, unless you change your renewal or cancel before your membership ends. Pricing details can be viewed in the Account Management area of your gamer profile. For information about changing or canceling your membership and your membership refund policy, go to www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Expiration Date:

01/18/2008

Purchase Date:

03/01/2007

Gold – 12 Month

Description:

We’re glad that you’ve chosen to challenge your friends in the ultimate high-speed gaming arena, with access to downloads, tournaments, and exclusive features like your unique gamertag and friends list across every game. Your subscription to Xbox Live™ covers 12 months of Xbox Live™ service. For this subscription you will be charged $49.99 per year, plus applicable taxes. Unless you cancel your subscription before it ends, you will automatically renew to the currently selected renewal subscription type at the then current price, which is viewable in the Account Management section of the Xbox Dashboard. For information about cancelling your subscription and the refund policy for your subscription, please see www.xbox.com/.../accounts.

Expiration Date:

03/01/2007

Purchase Date:

01/18/2007

Gold – 12 Month

Description:

We’re glad that you’ve chosen to challenge your friends in the ultimate high-speed gaming arena, with access to downloads, tournaments, and exclusive features like your unique gamertag and friends list across every game. Your subscription to Xbox Live™ covers 12 months of Xbox Live™ service. For this subscription you will be charged $49.99 per year, plus applicable taxes. Unless you cancel your subscription before it ends, you will automatically renew to the currently selected renewal subscription type at the then current price, which is viewable in the Account Management section of the Xbox Dashboard. For information about cancelling your subscription and the refund policy for your subscription, please see www.xbox.com/.../accounts.

Expiration Date:

01/18/2007

Purchase Date:

01/18/2006

Gold – 12 Month

Description:

Expiration Date:

01/18/2006

Purchase Date:

01/18/2005

Gold – 12 Month

Description:

Expiration Date:

01/18/2005

Purchase Date:

01/18/2004

Gold – 12 Month

Description:

We’re glad that you’ve chosen to challenge your friends in the ultimate high-speed gaming arena, with access to downloads, tournaments, and exclusive features like your unique gamertag and friends list across every game. Your Starter Kit Pre-Paid yearly subscription to Xbox Live™ covers 12 months of Xbox Live™ service. For this subscription you will be charged $0.00. Unless you cancel your subscription before it ends, you will automatically renew to the currently selected renewal subscription type at the then current price, which is viewable in the Account Management section of the Xbox Dashboard. For information about cancelling your subscription and the refund policy for your subscription, please see www.xbox.com/.../accounts.

Expiration Date:

01/18/2004

Purchase Date:

01/18/2003

Sorry this didn't help.

Gold – 12 Month (current)

Description:

Expiration Date:

01/19/2014

Purchase Date:

01/19/2013

Gold – 12 Month

Description:

Expiration Date:

01/19/2013

Purchase Date:

01/19/2012

Gold – 12 Month

Description:

Expiration Date:

01/19/2012

Purchase Date:

01/19/2011

Gold – 12 Month

Description:

Expiration Date:

01/19/2011

Purchase Date:

01/19/2010

Gold – 12 Month

Description:

Expiration Date:

01/19/2010

Purchase Date:

01/19/2009

Gold – 12 Month

Description:

Expiration Date:

01/19/2009

Purchase Date:

03/06/2008

Gold – 12 Month

Description:

Expiration Date:

03/05/2008

Purchase Date:

01/18/2008

Gold – 12 Month

Description:

Expiration Date:

01/18/2008

Purchase Date:

03/01/2007

Gold – 12 Month

Description:

Expiration Date:

03/01/2007

Purchase Date:

01/18/2007

Gold – 12 Month

Description:

Expiration Date:

01/18/2007

Purchase Date:

01/18/2006

Gold – 12 Month

Description:

Expiration Date:

01/18/2006

Purchase Date:

01/18/2005

Gold – 12 Month

Description:

Expiration Date:

01/18/2005

Purchase Date:

01/18/2004

Gold – 12 Month

Description:

We’re glad that you’ve chosen to challenge your friends in the ultimate high-speed gaming arena, with access to downloads, tournaments, and exclusive features like your unique gamertag and friends list across every game. Your Starter Kit Pre-Paid yearly subscription to Xbox Live™ covers 12 months of Xbox Live™ service. For this subscription you will be charged $0.00. Unless you cancel your subscription before it ends, you will automatically renew to the currently selected renewal subscription type at the then current price, which is viewable in the Account Management section of the Xbox Dashboard. For information about cancelling your subscription and the refund policy for your subscription, please see www.xbox.com/.../accounts.

Expiration Date:

01/18/2004

Purchase Date:

01/18/2003

Sorry this didn't help.

Miss Ermine, Miss Kleo any word on this since you two where both active in regards to tenure issues, still those with long term service seeing issues, tried what was posted in your sticky to correct the issue and I'm still seeing 7 years instead of 10. Above information points out why I believe there is a mistake in the calculation being done... I had a post collecting information from other 9/10 year tenure accounts (Since removed no idea why, what's wrong with collecting and consolidating information to expedite a fix) but before it was removed we all fit the same pattern of missing 3 years and all exactly the same reason as described above.

Can you please update the status in the sticky as it's still an issue and it hasn't been corrected for all of us.

Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

They are trying to sweep this under the rug. That is what they do on here. I already called support and called them out on this. No one seems to care that we are still having issues. They want us to just forget about it and move on. I will not do that till something is done.

Sorry this didn't help.

Maybe time Twitter @XBOXSupport that's always fun because everyone gets to see those post flying around.  I bet there are those out there that haven't even noticed that it has changed - I wouldn't have but a friend pointed it out and asked WTF.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ya I already called support as I mentioned and told them that they are just ignoring us now and saying that we have not been members for 10 years when I have proof that I have been. We need to contact a gaming website and have them look into this because there has to be others out there with this same issue as us.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well Let's see what @XBOXSupport on twitter does pointed them to this post, they asked if I ever lapsed and I said no, but I know exactly why it's miscalculating see the post. And this is the same for those still having issues.

Maybe that avenue will get it pushed thru... obvious here once they put a sticky up saying that it's fixed they wash their hands of it. Now that's sad indeed... not even an acknowledgement that OK where looking back into it again.

Sorry this didn't help.