TitanFall Bundle Disc Drive Error

Hello, I went to the Midnight launch event excited to get an Xbox One Console. I have eagerly awaited the release of this bundle to enter the next generation of Gaming. I get home, start the TitanFall download, In the mean time I plan to play my new copy of Forza 5(So excited for Forza) insert the disc **GRIND**GRIND**GRIND**. Disc drive will not read the disc. Try again **GRIND**GRIND**GRIND**. My brand new, two hour old Xbox One will not read any discs.

Attempt to file a repair report on the Xbox.com-error, please try again...for the next 10 hours this is what the web page tells me.

Call customer support, they recomend I call the store and exchange it, great, I get my new Xbox today :D.

Call the store, "Did you buy our in house coverage"-EB Games associate. Me-"No", Associate-"Sorry, that disc issue will be microsofts problem you will have to deal with there warranty but they are great to deal with".

Call customer support back, Half hour on the phone, on hold 4 times, he looks up EB Games return policy, see's I cant return it...Still can not get a repair request done because the titanFall bundle isn't on the repair options list and the page won't work for him.

So here I sit, a broken Xbox One purchased less that 12 hours ago..can't take it to the store, can't send it in...I over looked the problems I had with the 360 and now this. My PS4 has worked great and my buddy's laughed at me for wanting an Xbox One, But I love Forza and wanted TitanFall, looks like they have the last laugh.

I figured if I waited a couple months the new console issues would be resolved, NOPE.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:
Answer

**************************UPDATE*************************************************

Just got off the phone with a great rep. from xbox support. He has set me up  with the advance replacement option, so a new xbox one is on the way(hopefuly with a working disc drive :P) and when it arrives I'll put my non-functioning one in the box and send it away. It took some time but I am very impressed that this is an option, I can keep playing my digital copy of titan fall in the mean time.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.