Tired of paying for DLC?

DLC=downloadable content for a specific game.

below i will be generalizing, but keep in the back of your mind GoW3 (gears of war 3).

If you are like me, you are tired for paying for DLC. I'm not talking about all DLC, only a very select group. however, this DLC in particular is beginning to become all too commonplace in the video-game market.

I'm talking about DLC that comes out less then 2-3 months after a game releases. why should i-as the consumer-pay more for something that literally JUST came out?? why was it not PART OF THE ORIGINAL GAME??? i can understand content that needed a little more time to develop, like 3 months or more, but anything less then that is unacceptable.

unfortunately the average video-game consumer is becoming so unintelligent that they will literally p*ss their money away. props to marketers and companies for finding this strategic money-making maneuver in the short time after a game's release.

and i do believe in DLC to increase the life-span of most video games. if you like the game, you should be able to get the most out of it. however, i am finding that the video-game industry is shifting to greed and a need to feed profits. honestly i don't blame the system; this is how every industry sector must operate (except the public sector). i'm simply angry at my fellow gamer collective for allowing this to finally develop.

stay with the masses and feed the machine or take a stand and think critically; it's your call. vent over!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I dont pay for DLC, I use BING-Rewards. I have all Cod, Black-ops DLC and not paid one cent for it. Right now i am waiting for the Gears Of War-3 DLC, And i did not pay one penny and i downloaded some skins for the guns, All free

Don't buy Forza 4 then, some content is already out, before the game! It was the same with Gow 3...

[quote user="WackyBoy"]I'm talking about DLC that comes out less then 2-3 months after a game releases. why should i-as the consumer-pay more for something that literally JUST came out??[/quote]Because it wasn't part of the game?[quote]why was it not PART OF THE ORIGINAL GAME???[/quote]Time constraints?[quote]nfortunately the average video-game consumer is becoming so unintelligent that they will literally p*ss their money away.[/quote]You really haven't tracked video game prices, have you? Adjusted for inflation, game prices are quite low.[quote]i'm simply angry at my fellow gamer collective for allowing this to finally develop.[/quote]Maddenites and CODers aren't "gamers" per se. They're focused on a single franchise and don't step too far from it. I know people like this. If it isn't Madden or COD they don't play it.

Keeping GOW 3 in mind I disagree with some of your points. I like having DLC come out about 2 months after release, keeps me from trading it back in for something different. What you should be mad at is the fact that EPIC is not charging for DownLoadable Content but Disc Locked content. Everything that comes out on Nov. 1 is already there and should have been there from jump.

Another thing I disagree with is you being mad at fellow gamers. Be mad at MS. Yes we consumers do *** ourselves by buying DLC but really MS did it to us. If I remember correctly Epic was forced by MS to charge for their DLC way back on Gears 1. If MS wasnt so money hungry we might not be in this position

Eh, I think you need to back up that Gears of War 3 assertion. The only things that may be on the disc are the skins. I don't see any evidence the maps are on the disc.

I'm sorry, but if you feel compelled to dress up your character for multiplayer you should be paying for the stupidity.

As for Live, It's clear the Marketplace is intended to be a transaction-based service. While it may rub Valve and other companies the wrong way, we've seen what happens when the infrastructure isn't maintained (PSN). Paying for DLC helps pay for Live.

den67, make a thread up on how Bing rewards work in the general discussion section. I am sure others would like to know how to do like you.

[quote user="WackyBoy"]

DLC=downloadable content for a specific game.

below i will be generalizing, but keep in the back of your mind GoW3 (gears of war 3).

If you are like me, you are tired for paying for DLC. I'm not talking about all DLC, only a very select group. however, this DLC in particular is beginning to become all too commonplace in the video-game market.

I'm talking about DLC that comes out less then 2-3 months after a game releases. why should i-as the consumer-pay more for something that literally JUST came out?? why was it not PART OF THE ORIGINAL GAME??? i can understand content that needed a little more time to develop, like 3 months or more, but anything less then that is unacceptable.

unfortunately the average video-game consumer is becoming so unintelligent that they will literally p*ss their money away. props to marketers and companies for finding this strategic money-making maneuver in the short time after a game's release.

and i do believe in DLC to increase the life-span of most video games. if you like the game, you should be able to get the most out of it. however, i am finding that the video-game industry is shifting to greed and a need to feed profits. honestly i don't blame the system; this is how every industry sector must operate (except the public sector). i'm simply angry at my fellow gamer collective for allowing this to finally develop.

stay with the masses and feed the machine or take a stand and think critically; it's your call. vent over!

[/quote]

Your premise has no logic to it. If you don’t like paying for a select few DLC’s and not speak on all DLC’s then your premise is flawed. You cannot exclude some to support your view of a few without including all (DLC’s) this is where your premise is flawed.

[quote user="IceStorm III"]

Eh, I think you need to back up that Gears of War 3 assertion. The only things that may be on the disc are the skins. I don't see any evidence the maps are on the disc.

[/quote]

Well considering the map names were on the disc when it shipped thats a good indicator. Also check youtube for hackers who already have played on the maps. Not to mention the fact that the Silverback should have been equipped with rockets from the start and not as DLC

The only time I dislike paying for DLC is when it is offered for free by the developers on the other platforms but because of Microsoft policies it costs on the 360.

don't get me wrong, I love new content as much as the next guy. I have even paid for some in the past. However, there is some content (example being stuff that is disc loaded as someone hinted at above) that simply should be free. my original example was content that releases a very short time after launch. also, I apologize for insulting my fellow gamers, I actually meant the population that plays games that are not in-fact gamers. they will blindly buy content and live their life without true purpose. i didnt mean that market prices were high or even rising, but hinting at the evil of a mindset of purchasing content just because it's there. and yes, CoD and madden players are gamers. saying they aren't is like saying anyone who only likes one genre isn't a gamer. CoD happens to have one of the most populated servers, and isn't that what any FPS multiplayer hungry person really wants? and i'm sorry to say this, but show me another NFL game that can rival Madden these days.