Time Warner & XBL definetly NOT a match made in heaven

I'm a tech enthusiast, I get it for the most part. What I don't understand is this: how is it possible that 2 services that I pay for don't work well together, as long as they are advertised to do so? As of late my XBL Gold connects only when it feels like it. Extremely frustrating. Its 9 am. I'm off. For the millionth freakin' time my console says "sorry some Xbox live content is not available right now" and then some 800...whatever error code. And this is not a yesterday, two days ago thing,it is doing this for a good while now. I went with Microsoft's console because I thought it was the best choice. I'm having doubts, to the point that I'm starting to regret my choice.

This is not OK people. This spells incompetence. This makes me consider seriously to move to Sony's platform,even if it means ditching some of my all time Xbox exclusives favorites. Definetly ditching Time Warner as my ISP. This back and forth, he said,she said, not our fault, thing smells like corporate crap to me, and my patience is running out.

Sorry about the rant, but if I feel like watching entourage on HBO go at 4 in the morning, after a hard days work, it better work as advertised, as long as I paid for it.

Please, please, FIX! 

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there Dani I am sorry for your frustrations I have been in this position myself as well and acouple times almost left the service of Microsoft's xbox.

Now I do not know much about Time Warner or you internet connection quality(speeds) you should check this here> http://speedtest.net/ and get back to us with your results so we may have more of an understanding on your connection quality.

Normally when one see's this message they are having connection issues, In my experience with the error message you are getting it is from slower or clogged up internet connections. this being said we will only know about your connection quality if you reply with that info, this will tell us if you may need to upgrade your connection or if there may reside another problem else where.

Also it is recommended to watch your media content such as hbo and the other cable provider functions on their intended units I.e. off the cable box they come with, as for it is mentioned that service quality on the xbox for these functions can vary depending on your internet provider, "your ISP"

I understand this is not the answer you may have been looking for but I am afraid it is the only one that may help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No, no, thanks for the answer. I'll come back later with that info.

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright , did the test 3 times:

Ping is around 20-23 settings for all of them

First download around 15 mb,second around 10, third around 27. Upload was around 2mb for all three times.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Dani!

Thanks for bringing this to the Forums where you don't be tossed around with, back and forth. Our ambition is to have you up and running to normal conditions.

Before we begin to troubleshoot I would like you to answer a few questions that will help us with your issue. Please read: START HERE! And post back in full detail (the bits that are in bold). 

[quote user="dani26286"]First download around 15 mb,second around 10, third around 27. Upload was around 2mb for all three times.[/quote]Are you using a wireless connection between your computer and the router on your local network?

Try once again and speedtest your connection. I would also like you to post up the outcome from a pingtest.

Thanks! 

Sorry this didn't help.