Time to stop being Trenched and join the Iron Brigade

Well turns out is is all over by christmas ad we're finally getting Trenched this month on XBLA but under the new title of Iron Brigade.

I feel sorry for who evers job it was to talk Tim Schafer into changing the name but I'm glad to finally be seeing it get a rlease and for the xbox to once again be home to a decent mech game.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yeah looks decent. Why did they change the name though?

[quote user="BoroParmo"]

Yeah looks decent. Why did they change the name though?

[/quote]

Some board games maker managed to get trademarking on the name Trench and claimed the WW1 mech shooter game sci-fi game was too similar to their WW1 themed faction turn based Risk rip off game.

Is there a specific release date yet? I cant wait to play it.

Lol at copyrighting names. We going to start copyrighting baby names next too?

[quote user="Unreal Warfare"]

[/quote]

Are you saying companies shouldn't copyright the name of there product? So any tom *** and harry can come out with their own "Call of Duty" or "Battlefield" or "Halo"?

[quote user="PlatinumSpectre"]

[/quote]

Are you saying companies shouldn't copyright the name of there product? So any tom *** and harry can come out with their own "Call of Duty" or "Battlefield" or "Halo"?

[/quote]

It gets a bit silly when someone tries to sue you for using the word edge in your game. Like what happened to DICE over Mirrors Edge, Google it. :p

Point being sometimes it just goes way too far, and over some stupid things.

Like there was a film (can't remember which, I think it was a horror a fairly recent one) which was originally named Oblivion, they were forced to change it because of the videogame, despite not even being remotely related.

It's just dumb.

I mean are they going to copy right saying it in the street next? How far is it going to go?

[/quote]

[/quote]

It gets a bit silly when someone tries to sue you for using the word edge in your game. Like what happened to DICE over Mirrors Edge, Google it. :p

Point being sometimes it just goes way too far, and over some stupid things.

Like there was a film (can't remember which, I think it was a horror a fairly recent one) which was originally named Oblivion, they were forced to change it because of the videogame, despite not even being remotely related.

It's just dumb.

I mean are they going to copy right saying it in the street next? How far is it going to go?

[/quote]

Yeah I agree lol. I was just wanting to see what you would say really.

Did you see that Bethesda sent Notch a very stern letter telling him to change the name of his upcoming game, "Scrolls" because (according to them) it may confuse people and they will think it is the next Elder Scrolls? (They haven't said there gonna sue, but no doubt they'll try it)

You know what, it was that exact film I was thinking of. I got my names wrong. I had read that before, I think on IGN.

Is there a specific release date yet? I cant wait to play it.

[/quote]

September is all thats being said, which is better than maybe 2012

I'm just glad we're finally getting our hands on in, even if it is in disguise :)