Time connection charges may apply

I wonder why this notification appears when you are trying to install a game or app. I never got something like that on 360. I would like to know why charges may appy depending of the time connection when the system requires everything to be installed.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 413 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Could you give an example of when this pops up please ?

First sentence of the OP.

[quote user="Bad Instincts"]

I wonder why this notification appears when you are trying to install a game or app. I never got something like that on 360. I would like to know why charges may appy depending of the time connection when the system requires everything to be installed.

[/quote]

what country and internet provider do you have? i get no such messages. I'm wondering if it has to do with your ISP (like on a cell phone, you go to teh browswer and you get a warning about how data charges may apply)

I have this same message on every game, app and update. I am pretty sure it would be warning you if you are using a verizon hotspot or something where you have limited data. Its funny because my X1 is hard wired to my router that is connected to a Comcast modem. So I don't know why it shows for me. But am almost certain that is what the message would appear.

That's maybe to warn people who got a limited internet connection and may have to pay an extra fee to their  internet provider....

I've seen the warning as well, and I'm sure it's more of a "just in case" deal warning you that depending on your plan/setup with your ISP, charges may apply - and it's just there as a catch-all warning.  Wouldn't have anything to do with the Xbox Store.

[quote user="x0x CAMARO x0x"]

I have this same message on every game, app and update.

[/quote]This is the same that is happening to me. At first everything was okay but since the update i am receiving this notifications. 

[/quote]

Well i asked because I dont get such a message so was not sure what you were talking about. I click install on apps and they just install or queue if I have something installing already.
If I install a game demo I just get a message saying this is subject to xbox live terms and conditions before it continues.

So saying First sentence of the OP does not make it any clearer for me as I dont get what you seem to be getting 

It's because it's using the internet and a lot have limited bandwidth

[quote user="Al Bundy Lives"]

[/quote]

Well i asked because I dont get such a message so was not sure what you were talking about. I click install on apps and they just install or queue if I have something installing already.
If I install a game demo I just get a message saying this is subject to xbox live terms and conditions before it continues.

So saying First sentence of the OP does not make it any clearer for me as I dont get what you seem to be getting  I said that i was getting a notification with that message when i try to install a game or app . I do not remember if happens to me when i try to DL a demo because i rather watch other gamers clips than wait an eternity to try one. At first i was no getting notification like you but since the update that changed at least for me.

[/quote]