time and date resets at random

Hello, I have a halo reach limited edition xbox 360 and the date/time keeps resetting to 22-11-2005,  I keep updating it via live or otherwise but after a few turn-off and turn-ons it just goes straight back.  seems to be on a day-to-day or week-to-week basis that this occurs.  what could be the cause of it and how can I fix it?  It is really annoying because it keeps re-locking my RADNET unlocks for Prototype 2 because "the date is well before the correct date"

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 45 Applies to:

Are you shutting off power to the power brick on the console (energy saver power strip, unplugging it from the wall, etc)? Do you sign into Live when booting up the console?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I turn it off when I am done and turn it off at the wall.  It always stays plugged in but just turned off and I only sign in to live when I need to (for instance for the RADNET events) and I noticed that it only resets sometimes and not all the time.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you're turning it off at the wall, you're removing power from the system entirely. As there's no battery in the console the only thing left to keep time are some capacitors.

The system should resync time when it logs into Live.

Sorry this didn't help.