three red lights on xbox

i purchased my xbox in 2007, the original xbox 360 pro with 20gb hardrive. A few months after i purchased it came up with the three red lights, i then sent it in for repair and after it came back it seemed to be working fine but occasionally it would come up with the three red lights, this went away after turing the console off than on again. A few weeks back my xbox came up with the red lights again and the issue wont go away.

I called xbox support up and they told me it would cost to get my xbox repaired, but i dont believe that i should have to pay for this repair as my xbox wasn't repaired properly, as it seems, the first time. They also told me that they had no previous record of any repair request or repair at all when i specifically remember sending my xbox in for repair. I paid around $700AUD for the console and i dont think i need to pay another $100 to have it repaired when it should have been repaired properly in the first place.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Have you tried a different power supply?  Have you tried the solutions found in this sticky ?  forums.xbox.com/.../153181.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you want my own opinion.  The Xbox 360 pro has a lot of bugs, and it will always go out in about a year or so.  I recommend to just buy the Xbox 360 slim and it is SO much better then the pro.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry op but everything breaks eventually.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm it sounds like you should have told them about the RRoD coming up on occasion even though it went out after restarting. Unfortunately with the console now being over 3 years from manufacture date you would have to pay for it to be repaired as the RRoD is only covered from 3 years from manufacture. Im not sure about teh record for repair but normally companies will keep them for as long as required then archive them which wouldnt be something your normal technical support guy/girl will be able to access.

Sorry this didn't help.