Three Microphones Meet the Same Fate

Hello everyone, so I had a new microphone for Christmas and that stopped working after two to four weeks, I went and got a Turtle Beach for Christmas which stopped working after a while, so I got a replacement for free and now that's stopped working. So as you can imagine I'm slightly annoyed, it doesn't help that its being blamed on me because I'm mistreating it or something or other (not in my character at all). Anyway onto facts, when they're about to break I hear this crackling sound in the audio, and it steadily gets worse until the audio from other people cuts out completely. Since its happened with three its not just a faulty mic, I think its a controller because I cycle between two on a charging station and one of them was bought as an extra, one was included. So can someone explain what on Earth is going on please? P.S. I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong section

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Turtle Beaches have an issue with the controller-2-headset-cable. I have X41s and I had to fish a couple of these cables of ebay (for $5 each) to be on the safe side.

Try using the headset without the chat cable. If this works then it is the cable. Not sure if this apply to you since I don't know what Turtle Beach model you have.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

An XC1 :/ I'm not very well endowed personally. If I get these cables and solder them in that should fix it? And start saving up for a non Turtle Beach one?

Sorry this didn't help.

make sure that batteries are always good. When batteries are low Turtle beaches start to make cracking noises. Also the problem may be the Turtle beach controller (the one which you adjust volume) OR the cable.

I don't know what replacement parts does Turtle beach support has for this headset. If you are still in the first year (in warranty) ask for a new headset.

Regarding soldering, it is a instant warranty void. I honestly don't know if it will remedy the issue. I can tell you for sure that XBOX controllers have nothing to do. If the XBOX controller had an issue you would not being able to use the headset at all with the specific controller.

Hope this helps a bit.

Sorry this didn't help.