Threatning, Hacking, Saftey concerns

While playing Battlefield Badcompany:2 two gamers joined my xbox live party. They were talking about hacking IP adresses. They preceeded to track my and my friends adresses and read off all of our locations. They were also bragging about how they could control our internet and our xbox live accounts. They also threatened if we reported them that they would ban us from xbox live and disable our internet and we would not be able to stop them. They disabled my friend's internet and he could not connect for about 20 minutes. I am afraid that they might find my information and could possibly harm my physical person.

There gamertags are [GT Removed] and [GT Removed]

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

First off, you aren't allowed to call out other gamertags on the forums.

That being said, use the dashboard reporting tools to report them.  (choose their tags from the previously played list and look at their bio.  Choose report gamertag.).  After that, block their gamertags.

Know that they can't really ban you or steal your account from knowing your IP address.

There is, however, a program which allows them to "shut off" your internet temporarily.  This is called a DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attack and is illegal in North America (I don't know about other countries).  Contact your local police department (probably RCMP) and inform them of what happened.  Give them the gamertags.  The police will work with Xbox to sort out the situation.

After this is done, contact your service provider and inform them of what happened.  The provider should issue you a new IP address.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry I didnt know you were not allowed to post gamer tags

Sorry this didn't help.

Thats pretty sad. These freaks have too much spare time or something. A great new hobby for them would be to sit down and finish a 10 000 piece puzzle. When they are finished, it will say GO OUTSIDE.

Sorry this didn't help.