Threating to suspend accounts

Now get this Xbox live team is threating to suspend my account because they can't get a payment off fromm my prepaid credit card that I use for getting arcade games movies and other things. While this payment due is only 6 bucks and that would be chump change compared to what they make in revenue every year. Come on Xbox live team I know that if it was more then just 6 dollars I would care bout it but 6 dollars is nothing, why don't you all worry about the main factors and the cheaters that are out there and worry about the other people that have more then just 6 dollars they owe. Heck you all changed things around to where we now have to use a credit card now to get things and now you think that I will be the only one whom will owe just 6 bucks. Well I don't think so now because look at the majority of the population they don't even have a high enough credit to get actual credit cards so either you all are going to have to update the systems to where that things would be taken out on the first of  or third of each month. For those whom use prepaid credit cards or you all will be hurting for money. Because it is in my opinion that this credit card move is one of the worst things that the Xbox company has made ever. 

Your customer and consumer CDG JUDGE DREDD 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If you owe someone money, whether it be the guy down the street, your mother, or a major billion dollar corporation you pay them what is owed. A measly $6.00 isn't an.awful lot of money as.you have stated. You agreed to pay the money when you made the transaction so why not pay it? If you don't want to pay via debit card or credit card.in the future there is always the prepaid code option.

OP, if it's "only $6" why the fuss? Just pay it.

OK well let me ask you this since they are going to a credit card use only and they will not have a prepaid code option. If you couldn't get a credit card sure if you have a checking account you have a debit card but for those whom can't get a checking account they have to use a prepaid credit card and since people have to use the card to pay bills and things like that they run out of money on it. Now when they try to take money from your checking account you and you alone will have to make sure that you have the money in your checking account to pay for what you want to get from the arcade or other things that you wan to get off the xbox market place. Because if you don't your checking account will go in the neg and hurt you and your family. So if you are not finance wise you could hurt yourself and put yourself in a hole, with your bank.

[quote user="CDG JUDGE DREDD"]Now get this Xbox live team is threating to suspend my account because they can't get a payment off fromm my prepaid credit card that I use for getting arcade games movies and other things.[/quote]It's not a threat, it's what will happen if they cannot collect what is owed to them.[quote]While this payment due is only 6 bucks and that would be chump change compared to what they make in revenue every year.[/quote]And if every one of the 18-22 Million Live subscribers decided to withhold $6?[quote]why don't you all worry about the main factors and the cheaters that are out there[/quote]Billing is not Enforcement.[quote]Well I don't think so now because look at the majority of the population they don't even have a high enough credit to get actual credit cards[/quote]You would need to provide a statistic from a reputable source to back that up.

Even if true, that just means Live isn't for those people.[quote]Your customer and consumer CDG JUDGE DREDD[/quote]Microsoft does not read this forum in any official capacity. You're whining to other users, not to MS.

WOW!!!!   A prepaid CC is just that.  If funds are NOT availible----- NO SERVICE!!!   Same with any other CC.   What EXACTLY does enforcement (cheaters)  policy have to do with YOUR lack of payment???     ""the majority of the population they don't even have a high enough credit to get actual credit cards so either you all are going to have to update the systems to where that things would be taken out on the first of  or third of each month""""    WOW!!!!!!   Not one word of this applys to any prepaid member or CC service.   If YOUR credit is bad a prepaid card is your last hope.  Seems like all hope is lost in YOUR case.     PAY UP OR GO AWAY!!!!!!!!   The choice is yours as always.    Thank you and GOOD LUCK!!!!

$6...Really?

OP - Man up already, be it $1 or $1 million, you pay your debts.

Hello there, CDG.

Sorry that you are having trouble with Xbox LIVE. I am afraid, as I am sure as you are aware, that you are receiving this message from Xbox LIVE due to your payment for your Xbox LIVE Gold membership coming due. If you do not wish to pay this payment, and no longer want to have a Gold membership, I would recommend following these steps:

1. Go to www.xbox.com and sign in. (Top right hand corner).

2. Once you have signed in, in the top right hand corner again, click 'My Account'.

3. In the upper middle of the page, click the hyperlink that says 'Cancel Auto Payment'.

This will then only use your time left on Gold, if any, and then once it has run through your account will be set to 'Silver' where you will no longer have to pay for Gold membership. (Please note, this will then disallow your access to Gold features). However, you can renew your membership on by following Steps 1 & 2 and then clicking (underneath 'Cancel Auto Payment') 'Get More Gold' of which will then take you through the appropriate steps to renew your membership. You can either use your current payment options (unless they are required to be updated) or use a redeem code which you can buy from any official retailer.

Understanding the way feel, that it is only $6, however as it has been previously mentioned...if every Gold membership user held back $6 the impact would be fairly large hence why they send out these reminder messages to those whose memberships are due.

I apologize for the inconvenience, and I hope this helps.

Thank you.

Wow this is just embarrassing OP.

We all have to pay our bills but you should be able to handle your money.

$6 is nothing.

Why do you buy things on the marketplace if you don´t have the money?

Just wait till you have it.

But you should never owe someone money, that´s just a shame. 

If you don't pay your bills this is what happens.  Please learn this concept.....