Thoughts on disappointed people

Im a huge xbox fanboy and have always been but I am agreeing slightly with alot of these disappointed posts. To all the people replying "Give it time its still new". Why should we give it time? I was giving it time the couple years before it was released. Its released now it should be done, It should already be doing everything that is expected of it. I dont know how much everyone else spent but for me it was around $700 on xbox stuff launch night and I didnt pay that for a work in progress. Im sticking with xbox only because I know it will eventually get better, But that does not mean we as microsoft consumers should accept this as the norm. Hell no we should all actively voice that microsoft let us down and they need to fix how they treat the people paying their incomes because I know not a single person can honestly say to themselves this xbox is 100% what you want and you dont think they need to update or add anything at all. So lets be real and stop defending a company that would not do the same for us

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It boils my blood that MS is not addressing these problems up front. Sony was day one telling people the percent in failure rates, and putting out patches within the first week. I feel like MS doesn't care or are too ashamed to acknowledge. Either way they are feeling the heat of it.

Both consoles were obviously rushed for holiday seasons, it's a shame but it's pretty much how the industry works. With Xbox One the outcry of consumers on the policies no doubt made them re-do their priorities, that is probably one reason behind why some obvious features are on the backburner for now.

They are obviously working on patches, even if they say it out loud or not. I have far more trust in MS developing Xbox One further than I have for Sony to develop PS4 further (not saying it won't happen, but I think X1 will go further). Just look at 360, from what it started and how extremely solid system it ended up software wise.

Crying excessively about it now won't do much, perhaps you shouldn't have been early adopter. I can't even remember when was the last time I was early adopter on something that was at it's best and final state at launch :P

Anyone who thinks any product is 100% what they need and there is nothing that needs to be added is a blind fanboy that has no credibility anyways. Everything can, will and should always be improved upon post launch. Don't get me wrong, I do agree the X1 (and PS4) was rushed and lacks some features that should be there, but they will come. I don't also see a real advantage to you getting the product in the state it's in now compared to them holding away the release so that you wait another 6 months before you get your hands on with it at all just so they can add the features in question. In scenario first you still have a great working console you probably have fun for those 6 months, even if it's not perfect. In the other scenario you just drool at websites with no console until it's in a bit more feature rich state.

I do see where disappointed folks are coming from (& initially I was mildly disappointed concerning built-in tv tuners, but to be fair, small print does say set-top box required) but it is how it is.  We have a choice: abandon hope & sell it, Or we ride it out & hope MS comes through for us, no doubt they won't be able to please everyone, but I hope they have a damn good go at it.  People should voice their concerns but mentioning the same thing ad infinitum in a new thread just makes them sound like PS fanboys trying to point score, which is as pointless as it is boring.  I don't have shares in MS but I have used their products for many years & do not consider myself a fanboy.   Previous outings with their products lead me to believe they'll come good, if they don't I'll learn a lesson about being a launch buyer & consider alternative makes in cases where a clear advantage is seen but it's VERY early days yet.......

@ compelled Sony was in damage control thats why they released the fail rate  media release. And i think those numbers were quite a bit lower than what was actually failing. They released patches because the launch patch bricked consoles and they needed to fix that. They didnt add features in the patch. MS has not had a mass of bricked consoles due to the Software. And ive heard many people with the faulty BDD got given free digital games to keep them playing until a replacement x1 could be sent to them, rather than send it in and wait with NO console for however long it takes to get a replacement(which is what Sony are doing to many)

[quote user="Coreldan"]

Both consoles were obviously rushed for holiday seasons, it's a shame but it's pretty much how the industry works. With Xbox One the outcry of consumers on the policies no doubt made them re-do their priorities, that is probably one reason behind why some obvious features are on the backburner for now.

They are obviously working on patches, even if they say it out loud or not. I have far more trust in MS developing Xbox One further than I have for Sony to develop PS4 further (not saying it won't happen, but I think X1 will go further). Just look at 360, from what it started and how extremely solid system it ended up software wise.

Crying excessively about it now won't do much, perhaps you shouldn't have been early adopter. I can't even remember when was the last time I was early adopter on something that was at it's best and final state at launch :P

Anyone who thinks any product is 100% what they need and there is nothing that needs to be added is a blind fanboy that has no credibility anyways. Everything can, will and should always be improved upon post launch. Don't get me wrong, I do agree the X1 (and PS4) was rushed and lacks some features that should be there, but they will come. I don't also see a real advantage to you getting the product in the state it's in now compared to them holding away the release so that you wait another 6 months before you get your hands on with it at all just so they can add the features in question. In scenario first you still have a great working console you probably have fun for those 6 months, even if it's not perfect. In the other scenario you just drool at websites with no console until it's in a bit more feature rich state.

[/quote]Its thoughts like this that are the reason companies dont change. Crying excessively will do much more then just bending over and letting microsoft come right in. I agree everything can and will be improved upon post launch but I dont approve with products being finished post launch. And you dont see a real advantage to getting the product now as compared to waiting 6 months to release it? Microsoft if they had waited wouldve been able to put in GDDR5 as the reason they left it out was supply was not able to meet their demand at the time. So because microsoft wanted to cash in on the cash cow at the same time sony was we now have a system that will forever be weaker. So in the same form as your post; In the first scenario we have a console that will always be weaker and limited, In the second scenario I had to wait(and I hate waiting) and watch all the ps4 people get to have fun but in the long run when the xbox one wouldve been released finally I wouldve been able to play the xbox that was more complete and not limited by microsofts greedy rushed launch

[quote user="Keleus2"]Its thoughts like this that are the reason companies dont change. Crying excessively will do much more then just bending over and letting microsoft come right in. I agree everything can and will be improved upon post launch but I dont approve with products being finished post launch. And you dont see a real advantage to getting the product now as compared to waiting 6 months to release it? Microsoft if they had waited wouldve been able to put in GDDR5 as the reason they left it out was supply was not able to meet their demand at the time. So because microsoft wanted to cash in on the cash cow at the same time sony was we now have a system that will forever be weaker. So in the same form as your post; In the first scenario we have a console that will always be weaker and limited, In the second scenario I had to wait(and I hate waiting) and watch all the ps4 people get to have fun but in the long run when the xbox one wouldve been released finally I wouldve been able to play the xbox that was more complete and limited by microsofts greedy rushed launch

[/quote]

Would they have? I got the impression that the 8 gb GDDR5 was put in last minute by Sony because the architecture they had already chosen to go with (that already used it but had less), it was easy enough to just add another 4 GBs when the price got cheaper (there really was no re design needed, just add more in). Basically Sony just got really lucky in some sense (they decided to go with less of a more expensive type RAM and got lucky it got cheap just in time to add more in the design). Kinda like how Southwest for a while was able to get cheap gas for a long time cause they signed a contract for a set gas price at the right time (and then gas went way up) so they could compete a lot easier with other airlines who had to pay the more expensive gas prices.

I get the impression with the direction MS went, it would be a lot more having to change architecture around to decide to go with GDDR5 when it got cheaper and more able to get enough in the xbox to do what they needed it to do. So not sure even if they put it out next year if they'd have time to make that kind of change (but I'm not saying I know this as I don't know near enough about hardware design to be able to even guess how long you need if you were to change over to something different).

[quote user="ShadowRiver797"]

[quote user="Keleus2"]Its thoughts like this that are the reason companies dont change. Crying excessively will do much more then just bending over and letting microsoft come right in. I agree everything can and will be improved upon post launch but I dont approve with products being finished post launch. And you dont see a real advantage to getting the product now as compared to waiting 6 months to release it? Microsoft if they had waited wouldve been able to put in GDDR5 as the reason they left it out was supply was not able to meet their demand at the time. So because microsoft wanted to cash in on the cash cow at the same time sony was we now have a system that will forever be weaker. So in the same form as your post; In the first scenario we have a console that will always be weaker and limited, In the second scenario I had to wait(and I hate waiting) and watch all the ps4 people get to have fun but in the long run when the xbox one wouldve been released finally I wouldve been able to play the xbox that was more complete and limited by microsofts greedy rushed launch

[/quote]

Would they have? I got the impression that the 8 gb GDDR5 was put in last minute by Sony because the architecture they had already chosen to go with (that already used it but had less), it was easy enough to just add another 4 GBs when the price got cheaper (there really was no re design needed, just add more in). Basically Sony just got really lucky in some sense (they decided to go with less of a more expensive type RAM and got lucky it got cheap just in time to add more in the design). Kinda like how Southwest for a while was able to get cheap gas for a long time cause they signed a contract for a set gas price at the right time (and then gas went way up) so they could compete a lot easier with other airlines who had to pay the more expensive gas prices.

I get the impression with the direction MS went, it would be a lot more having to change architecture around to decide to go with GDDR5 when it got cheaper and more able to get enough in the xbox to do what they needed it to do. So not sure even if they put it out next year if they'd have time to make that kind of change (but I'm not saying I know this as I don't know near enough about hardware design to be able to even guess how long you need if you were to change over to something different).

[/quote]

What happened was microsoft was in a position where they wanted GDDR5 but they couldnt guarantee they would have the amount they wanted in time for the rumored ps4 launch. When ps4 announced they decided to not risk it and just go with the weaker but guaranteed supply ready memory we now have. If they had done what sony did last gen and release a year after the xbox then we wouldve had to wait a year but would have been able to make that up with a very polished console.

GDDR5 does not serve the purpose of X1 design. Do you think with all that MS money that if they really wanted GDDR5 they would have put it in. There is a reason PC's use DDR3 and soon DDR4 for the systems.

Boo hoo.  Sony had a much worse launch and i really think people are complaining mainly about things outside of MS's control.  The later thy decide on final hardware, the more they can cram into it and to size up Sonys hand.  Further, it's up to the companies making games and apps to do their job as well, and truly need more time with hardware on any new console.  I am very happy with the xbox one and have had no issues at all unless i'm a whiner and wanted better download speeds on games when a million people hit the servers at once.  Here's some advice, enjoy your purchase... Most people in the world cant even afford the luxury.

They should've used both GDDR5 (for gpu) and DDR3 for system