Those lines!So annoying!

I was playing Gears of war 3,On my new plasma tv 42 inch and every where i saw lines ,I mean not random lines or lines in the middle of the screen.But lines of ebjects like a pillar that have lines on both it side's its so annoying.I got this with every object in game.

http://i53.tinypic.com/jqok10.jpg lets take that as an example.THis is not normall...Is it my console or my tv?

is there an specific name for this graphical problem?

my tv setting:

1080p

Game modus.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Just Scan is just another name for the per-pixel setting, so there's no upscaling to the image. If it doesn't fill the screen, you'll see the lines around the edge.

I don't really see what you're talking about in the image as it's a little unclear. You mean the stair-stepping look to it? That looks like you're playing in 480p on a 1080p set. If it's connected via component using the old hookup, make sure the SDTV/HDTV switch on the side didn't get bumped. If it's HDMI, check your resolution settings.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It could very well be a problem with your TV. If it's new there shouldn't be a problem, but some older ones have trouble when the input is in 1080p. Suggestions:

1. If you can try a different TV to see if the same thing happens.

2. Try different visual settings on your xbox, such as setting it to 1080i and 720p.

3. Try fiddling with the settings on your TV as some can add additional processing onto the signal from the xbox, potentially messing with the image.

TV settings definately cause problems for me, my Toshiba LCD does not support 1080p by default. However there is a setting called "Just Scan" which I guess is supposed to simulate support, but for the most part just causes white lines to flicker at the edge of the screen.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.