This item is not currenty not available in your location???

So here is the deal...

Xbox360 bought and registered in Canada

I moved to Greece, bought a few games, they work on the console

The thing that drives me nuts, any time I try to buy content off the Marketplace it says "This item is currently not available in your location"

I have tried for different things on the marketplace and nothing works,  even tried purchasing it on the xbox.ca download so it can go on my xbox and download

Gets to 99% then the same #!@#$%^ message appears "This item is currently not available in your location"

Wasted soo may points that way, I know if I go back to Canada I will be able to download, but why not here?

Plz someone help me.... its been a whole year without access to the markeplace I think im going insane

Is there any way at all to download anything here in Greece?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 114 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have a similar problem, except I am from the US and I am currently staying in Canada.

I keep getting that message when I download things. I am trying to figure out what is wrong also

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

1-800-4MY-XBOX

Sorry this didn't help.

@op you need to setup a Greek account pal disks will not work with NTSC content Canadian accounts will not have pal content.

@ basic I answered you on another thread

Sorry this didn't help.

You are in luck, Greece is one of nine XBox Live regions that you can "Migrate" your old account to, which should put you in your "proper" region therefore allowing you to use the Marketplace, give it a try at this page:

https://live.xbox.com/en-CA/BillingMigration/SelectRegion

Go to this page, you have to move to one of these regions:

Migrate Xbox LIVE Account

Good news! You can now move your Xbox LIVE account from one country/region to another country/region* where Xbox LIVE is supported. Your gamer profile (e.g., gamerscore, gamertag, gamer picture), achievements, saved games, and friends list along with any remaining Gold membership time and your Microsoft Points balance will be moved.

Before you proceed to migrate your account, please note the following:

1. You can currently move your account to the following countries/regions: Russia, Poland, Brazil, Hungary, Greece, Czech Republic, South Africa, Colombia, and Chile*. To find information about Xbox LIVE features available in a specific country, please visit the xbox.com website for that country.

2. You may migrate your account only once every 12 months.

3. Content currently on your console that you have purchased or downloaded via Xbox LIVE Marketplace or Zune Marketplace will remain on your console after migration. After migration, however, you will no longer be able to re-download this content. To store previously purchased or downloaded content, be sure to download the content to a storage device (e.g., Xbox 360 hard drive, memory unit, or USB Flash drive) prior to migration. Purchased content is not refundable, nor is Zune Marketplace content guaranteed to work post migration. Click here to learn more.

4. We do not currently support migration of accounts in Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack subscriptions or with associated Zune Pass subscriptions.

5. There are additional considerations for Zune Music, Video, and Apps Marketplace and Windows Phone users.

Sorry this didn't help.

Keep in mind the old content will not be downloadable in the new region as they wouldn't be compatible with your new region and disks

Sorry this didn't help.

PAL and NTSC are nothing to do with region locking, they are display technologies. These days they are largely irrelevant, as you'd have to have an ancient TV set for it not to be able to handle both sets of signals.

Sorry this didn't help.

So is this real? If you have say 400 games and 6 Consoles. Maybe even add that all of them are collector's editions. You bought in Canada. You and your family decide to move to another country.  All of it is garbage?  I can understand the Acct. info. But not games and Consoles. That's just retarded.

Sorry this didn't help.

None of it "becomes garbage."  As the OP stated, they are able to do everything that they used to be able to before moving except download items from the Marketplace.  This issue can be rectified by changing the "region" that their XBox resides in.

Sorry this didn't help.

Nope region 1 disks will not work with region 2 nor will pal dlc work with NTSC disks

Search the articles of NTSC and pal it is not the same Nor will the menus and language be the same

Yes region free disks with any xbox but there are region locked disks

EN disks will not work with FR content the language and menus are not the same

Sorry this didn't help.

My research is showing me that approximately 75-85% of games are not region locked, but I'm not going to post any links to this information as it may be contrary to the ToU or CoC, but, the information is out there if you want to find it.  There are also many articles about DLC working with the other standard, PAL DLC working with NTSC discs and vice versa.  This is where research must be done to find whether or not the title you want falls into the "unlocked" realm.  

So, theoretically, one could have an NTSC/U XBox in a PAL region playing PAL game discs and PAL DLC once they have changed the residential region of the XBox to the PAL region  so as to have access to the Marketplace in their new region.

The OP did say he (I'm assuming he's a he, his GT is Dude) has a Canadian XBox that plays games he bought over there, meaning they're more than likely PAL versions of the game.  If a PAL version of the game will run on the machine one can easily surmise that the PAL DLC will as well.

We really need this guy to try this and see if it works, whadaya think OP, feeling lucky?

Sorry this didn't help.