This is just getting ridiculous...

I have had to buy 4 Xbox360s because I keep getting the "Rings Of Death". All of them eventually got the red rings and so I scrapped 2 of them. Does anyone know where I can email an administrator and see if I can return my 2 broken & remaining Xbox360s and get 1 of the newest versions? I've invested $500+ in this system and the games for it to only get these "Rings Of Death", this is just getting ridiculous...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey Sas, if you have already worked through this guide with no results, then your only option to correct the console issue is to use the official repair process.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for the guide, but I'm wondering who I should message/email about this. I want to know if I can send in my Xboxs and get a new one in return. I think 4 Xbox 360s when they first came out = 1 Elite, because of the problems I've had with every single console.

Sorry this didn't help.

I might be able to find the other 2 that I put away down in storage, but I definitely have at least 2.

Sorry this didn't help.

MS wont swap 2 broken 360 consoles for a new one OP, no company would do that. The original 360's (not slim) were all covered by an extended 3 year warranty for the RROD from the original purchase date of the console.
But if that 3 years is gone then a repair would need to be paid for.

I have had 4 myself now and unfortunately my 4th is starting to exhibit issues that are very very worrying. But when it dies I wouldn't expect MS to swap it for new one (I still have the 3 old ones under the stairs so I could send 4 in). Its just not reasonable thinking they would do that though.

Sorry this didn't help.

If that's the case then, I'll try to fix them with the guide and sell them at the nearest gamestop....along with the dozens of games for the system. Xbox may have better servers for some online games, but the free online play with the PS3's are well worth it. It's just a shame that my collection is a waste now, I just read that the Elites still get the Red Rings so now I have no intention in wasting my money or time getting another of MS's consoles. Heeeello PSN.

Sorry this didn't help.

*mutters something about the yellow light of death*

Sorry this didn't help.

It's important to try to find out if there is a different cause for the faults, other than just assuming faulty hardware. It may well be that you have just been unlucky - I went through four consoles from launch due to RROD, but then got an Ellite Jasper that had no problems (until it was usurped by a shiny new S, LOL) - but it could equally be something about your setup that is causing the problems. You need to make sure it is not something in the environment that is causing the problems - do you have the console and a tight cabinet with little space around it (like a TV cabinet)? Is in on the carpet, is the carpet deep? Is there plenty of airflow around the console? Is the console in direct bright sunlight most of the time in a warm location?

If the answer to any of these is yes, and your consoles are in warranty, send them off for repair/replacement and then change your setup when they come back. Make sure there is open space around it, lots of airflow, and it is not right next to a heat source. If it is on the floor, raise it up on some game cases or something that can act as feet so all the vents underneath can suck air up. Making sure all these are taken care of means that the returned consoles shouldn't die a death, and you don't have to throw away your games collection (or game saves).

Sorry this didn't help.

I have just had my 360 suffer the RROD for the 3rd time, I have gone through the standard replacement process for all the other times but it is now no longer covered for repair so I have been trying to find out how much it will cost to be repaired through correct channels, if it is the same as the local repair shops would charge then it is pointless sending it away for 3 weeks... not like I can pause my xbox live subscription.

A bit frustrating given that each time it would seem they just replace your unit with another faulty system that will fail 12 months later and now I have to pay the price of a new system or repair.

I have emailed the support service twice about this and it has been of no help to get any idea of a price estimate, haven't had any time to call, I have to do that this week anyway to disable my xbox live automatic renewel, I love how I can add new payment systems ect through the website but to disable automatic renewal I have to call up and wait.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="needs glue"]

I have just had my 360 suffer the RROD for the 3rd time, I have gone through the standard replacement process for all the other times but it is now no longer covered for repair so I have been trying to find out how much it will cost to be repaired through correct channels, if it is the same as the local repair shops would charge then it is pointless sending it away for 3 weeks... not like I can pause my xbox live subscription.

A bit frustrating given that each time it would seem they just replace your unit with another faulty system that will fail 12 months later and now I have to pay the price of a new system or repair.

I have emailed the support service twice about this and it has been of no help to get any idea of a price estimate, haven't had any time to call, I have to do that this week anyway to disable my xbox live automatic renewel, I love how I can add new payment systems ect through the website but to disable automatic renewal I have to call up and wait.

[/quote]

MS is the ONLY authorized repair center for their console. The use of any other repair center is a violation of the XBL ToS and will result in a permanent console ban. If you setup the repair order online with MS it will cost you $99.00, if you call MS it will cost you $120.00.

Sorry this didn't help.