This is a joke, right?

Well, since this looks like the best forum to put this, feel free to move it if there is a better location.

First of all, I am not "BallseyMalone" but his wife posting in his account, so if I do anything "wrong" don't blame him.

What a gyp! Why do I have to pay $60 / year for an Xbox gold subscription to stream stuff from the internet? Are you kidding me?

I already pay for Netflix, Fios and a mess of other things that you have the nerve to charge for? Like FiOS isn't expensive enough!

We paid a lot of money for this thing and waited a whole year for the kinect feature. Guess what? Nothing but garbage kiddie games for kinect! 

Yeah sure, we feel like dancing in the living room or exercising to exercises we don't like. Right. 

Will there at least be some games coming out that adults will actually enjoy? Right now, I'm about ready to pack this thing up and return it for  a Wii or PS3. I feel gypped.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Just to add:

I understand there are more features to the fee, like video chat and stuff, but bundling it in with streaming things like Netflix is plain wrong.

There is no flexibility for a wide range of users.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

be happy you can get on the internet... my xbox hasnt been connecting for a week now

Sorry this didn't help.

The fee is there to help cover the costs of policing the system.  As I'm sure you're aware, there are a lot of people out there who take advantage of glitches/etc in order to expand their own profiles and thus ruin the game for others.  Some of these glitches attach themselves to other tags automatically and stay there unless you immediately back out and restart your console.  I'm sure you understand that this is very annoying.

PS3 has the same problems.  The only difference is that it doesn't get policed.  So, although you may decide that you don't want to cheat yourself I'm sure you can understand the frustration others feel when they are caught in a game where they have no chance of winning.  They will in turn enable these glitches and get caught themselves.

The PET team is there to help out in this by catching those who choose to exploit these glitches. 

Also, there are other things to consider here.  The space required on the MS servers in order to host these games and store all the data required for the multitude of users.

All this does have a cost and must be paid for. 

Remember, $60 for a year membership only works out to $5 per month.  Keep your eyes open and you may find even better deals than that with store savings.

Sorry this didn't help.

i think the $60 goes towards more gaming security that doesnt come with free gaming like sony or nintendo. thats why there hasnt been any "epic" account hacking to thousands of microsoft accounts.

Sorry this didn't help.