This email address or password isnt valid. try again

WTFFFFFF.... ok so I spent 3 hours on chat with xbox support last night and they have NO CLUE what is wrong. it started yesterday when i went to get on live and it asked me for my email address and password and it game me error code 80048821 so i went and cleaned out my cache and updated all my security stuff and it gave me 8015d002 instead. so i deleted my profile and tried to download it again, this time i got the "This email address or password isnt valid. try again" message. so then i tried uninstalling and redownloading all the updates, still doesnt work. i did pretty much all of those steps multiple times and whatever else the rep said to do until he gave up and said he had no idea...

i can log into my account online just fine but for some reason it will not let me into my account on the xbox, and ive entered and reentered my info a dozen times... does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

bump

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi

1. Log in on your pc in your account and change your passwd - then try to re-download your profile again

2. Look if your connection test with live is ok. If not wire your xbox with lan directly to router

Sorry this didn't help.

On a PC go to account.live.com, and sign in. If you get any messages that you need to verify your account, follow them. If not add security, that's the point of the 8015D002 code I think. Verify those proofs by going to whatever email/phone it asks you too. Sometimes after you add an email and phone number, (security question too, always have one that's good) and you select Save it'll bring you back to account summary. From there go back to edit security info and see if it asks you to verify anything. After that you should be able to download your profile and sign in.

I AM NOT A MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE NOR FORUM MODERATOR. However I do know a lot about acct recovery.

Sorry this didn't help.