THIS CENSORSHIP IS DISGUSTING

Mister Gwyther is locking and and all threads here, these bans are unlawful and wrong in principal.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Or you could just follow the rules that have been in force for several years now and then there wouldn't be any reason to lock threads.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This is curious, how is locking threads about console bans unlawful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I was going to ask the same thing Braunman.  I know that 1st amendment laws do not apply to private entities such as Microsoft's forums.  Moreover, I believe he is suggesting rather that they might be immoral as they are silencing a population that believes they have been wronged giving them no outlet to try and resolve their issues.  Not saying he is right, just what I think he is trying to say.

Sorry this didn't help.

There is a lot of frustration over the general lack of communication. We may get a press release later in the week to expand on what has been going on, although it'll probably say the same as their TOS pages. There's been talk about something to do with a marketplace glitch which gives people free points, maybe that's why people are getting banned.

It may also just be me but many of the shut threads seem to be trying to incite class action suits. I seriously doubt anyone would sue over a banned console but MS are probably covering themselves just in case. It's still funny to imagine how a meeting with lawyers would go, probably involving the lawyers laughing directly in their faces.

Sorry this didn't help.

While censorship is definitely not cool, understand that we don't need over 9000 threads open for the same issue. And worst of all, in the wrong forum.

Before you call your lawyer up, you should also know that the ToS states that Microsoft can ban you for any reason, no reason, when they want, if they just feel like it it. So while instead of ranting on a forum where you will get no assistance and your ban will not be appealed, go research ToS, maybe file a Better Business Bureau complaint, call up your old Aunt Helga (she hasn't heard from you in months and misses you very much) tell her all about how the big bad corporation ruined your day.

Thanks! bye now!

Sorry this didn't help.

And with that post any sympathy you might of gotten has just evaporated completely.

Sorry this didn't help.

MS is bringing it upon themselves. When you call 1-800-4my-xbox asking about the console ban, they direct you to these forums saying they can't answer you. When you post here, 99% of us are not getting answers, being ignored, having our threads locked.

I got lucky found some site where i filed a complaint at MS and got a call the next day. My console is not modded but they insist I was playing copied games and that my 360 is modded. The only way it could be modded is if MS sent me a modded console, when my original 360 RROD.  I have never ever put a copied game into my 360. I even asked about mailing my 360 to them to look at, but they said they can't make any promises about their findings or even getting another console sent to me. I'd rather sell the banned 360 to someone who wont play online, then to mail it to MS and have them keep it.

MS needs to handle this better than passing it off from phones to the forums to just plain ignoring its customers.

you can mail your 360 here, as this is the address I was told to mail mine to if I wanted to.

1 Microsoft Way

Redmond, WA 98052

Sorry this didn't help.

Console bans as we're always pointing out do not begin and end with modding your console or piracy.

Sorry this didn't help.

no this is the way they handled it for years

the terms of use is solid

mailing it to MS be returned

if you didn't know people DON"T accept unsolicated mail specially funny looking boxes that aren't expected

Sorry this didn't help.

it will never make it past security

so unless you are mailing it to someone specific and they are expecting it this includes steve balmer

expect the console back

Sorry this didn't help.