Third times a charm.......

So I have just completed Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and I was about to play through it again but on the hardest setting and pick up some missed achievements. 

But as I loaded it up and started the first mission, I started to lose interest and shortly turned it off. I've done this with ME:2, but I did manage to get half way through the second run. 

Does anyone else really play SP games more than once? And how many times have you played through a game? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Sorry I did try and paragraph but didnt work....

yea i just completed alan wake and was going to go through again but just cant be bothered, even though i loved it. the only games i go throgh again is call of duty and halo, any other games i play once and then dont bother with them

Same Ive been both through some of the CODs and Halos on higher difficulty settings.

Must be RPG's that dont seem to be so much fun second time round?

As it happens I've just finished Human Revolution myself.

I feel that it is a good game but feel as if there is no replay value to it.

Well I certainly still play single player games. Perhaps the one I've played the most would be Mass Effect, where I'd be in triple figures if you include the PC version. 

I agree that there seems to be lack of replay with this game, but hopefully there will be plenty of DLC to come with it.

TRIPLE FIGURES! Does it not bore you slightly? I know I love both ME:1 & ME:2 but not that much.

[quote user="EXPIRED Z0MBIE"]

TRIPLE FIGURES! Does it not bore you slightly? I know I love both ME:1 & ME:2 but not that much.[/quote]That's only the first game. I've lots of unfinished Shepards in ME2 because I tend to get bored around Horizon.

Can't say I've ever gotten bored while playing Mass Effect 1. Everything about it clicks perfectly into place for me, despite its many flaws, to keep the game fresh each time I've played. 

Very rarely I play SP game through a second time with the exception of quite a few racing games and even then I don't usually play them through from the start, I just keep playing them online or always trying to be that bit faster on different tracks etc.

I never play a SP through again, I don't really see the point in most games due to the AI being scripted and doing exactly the same thing on a 2nd run. I think the only SP I could class as playing through more than once is L4D 1+2 campaigns, love em!!

I'm the same, half way through a game I'll be thinking about how I can't wait to start my second playthrough and do all the things I missed but then I get to the end and that quickly dissipates :P

I've played through Oblivion quite a lot but I've only done the main campaign once. I've cleared Halo 3 quite a few times as well.

No, i just play on the hardest difficulty and if its like gears were you need to complete it before you can play another hard difficulty playthrough i dont bother i have other games to play on.