they stole my xbox console

hi well the thing is that that someone stole my xbox and in that xbox i had my xbox live account but i just bought a new console and i want to use my old xbox live account so the question is how can i do it so that if they turn on the stolen console on they cant use my profile any more. like if i change the password will the stolen console ask them for a new password or will it just sing in like nothing happend ??? 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Even if you change your password, your account will still log in. You need to change your password then recover your account on your new console. Then that version of your profile on the old console is not vaild anymore.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Unbelievable.  I had always been under the impression that changing your password on at account.live.com would make it so that Xbox Live would prompt you when I tried to sign on.  But I just tested it and that's not the case.

In fact, the console provides an option to CLEAR or RESET your Live ID password from the Dashboard!!

This is astounding, and a gaping hole in security.  Wow.  I suddenly feel so much less secure! Thanks for the lesson, An Xbox Dude.

NuAngel

http://NuAngel.net - tech tips and other random bloggings.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.