There's still not one single good reason to force Kinect on gamers

Kinect Sports Rivals videos have gone up online and it looks a shocker! 

The game includes Tennis, Soccer, Cliff Climbing, Wake Racing, Shooting......

Hitting a tennis ball before it even arrived is horrible, it's a tennis game but no movement by your players they stand on the court like wooden poles.  So you can do different shots.

Rare has a very long way to go as a developer too prove to me that Kinect is essential to the X Box brand.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Why buying a Xbox one,when you have so much fun on Xbox forum.....

Keep doing what you're doing and please don't buy it.....Thanks.

You could always by a Sony.

Kinect is staying. Deal with it.

Bye.

I have to agree. When they announced that Kinect would be bundled with every X1, I was all for it because of all the features they said it would have. However, the voice thing doesn't even work that well, and if you have a controller in your hand (always) then there really isn't a point. The Ps4 camera is only $60 and it does EVERYTHING kinect does. And it's optional. There is no reason M$ had to force this down everyone's throats.

And anyone that says "deal with it" or gets mad, that's just MS fanboys for you.

My single good reason for buying it, including kinect sports, is because my young children will enjoy it. And you are not forced to if you don't want to. It will be great for them as they lack the skills to use a joypad but they are happy to jump up and down in front of the kinect. Kinect sports is looking good for the younger gamer, whether it will appeal to the sober parent this early in the consoles life remains to be seen.

I have it pre ordered anyhow :)

The PS4 camera doesn't do everything that Kinect does and it has a 720p resolution. I would also disagree that if you have a controller in your hand, there's no point using the voice commands, for example, when I play Titanfall, often I'll set up a party with friends, so the party UI is snapped to the right. To get rid of it, I can just say "Xbox unsnap" which is considerably quicker and easier than using the controller.

There are about 20 games on the Xbox One that makes use of either voice commands or simple gestures like leaning. There are 0 on the PS4 that use the camera. There are at least 6 full Kinect games that have been announced and are in development, while there's only 1 or 2 for the PS4 camera. Devs will never support the PS4 camera because it's optional and nobody is buying it, but there's a FAR greater chance that they will support Kinect - in fact, that's already the case.

I don't like the Kinect I wanted the xbox one I bought it, no one forced me, that don't make me a fan boy, I don't give a toss what you think.

@ SpiiT RhymeS  The "voice thing" works almost perfect for me dude, maybe you got a strong accent or something.

Also regarding the PS4 camera, your right it is optional, but its currently sold out on a lot of American internet stores (which means it must be pretty popular) and because of this the ones that do have stock have put their prices up.

www.amazon.com/.../ref=dp_olp_new

The reason for people wanting to buy the PS4 camera? well it isn't the games, that's for certain because very few (if any) us the camera.  In my opinion its the twitch users that are buying up the PS4 camera.

It's all about perspective. When it was announced that the Kinect was included AND was mandatory that it be hooked up, I would agree it was forced to the extent that I couldn't USE the console without it. When they changed policy and stated it could be turned off/unplugged, I just seen it as something extra in the box, such as that robot thing that came with the N.E.S. or even a headset; it's included but is not vital to the operation of the system.

I fully intended to TRY the Kinect, figure out that it was useless, and put it back in the box. I was surprised that I did like and found it useful. After using it since the 27th of December, I can truthfully state,"If they NEVER made a game that I would play using it...I would still Like it.". Voice commands are feature I didn't know I "needed", gestures are amusing to play around with and are sometimes useful.

I would truly recommend trying the Kinect out for a month before dismissing it. After that time if you feel it doesn't serve a purpose, sell it. I've checked E Bay and the average price is $100.00. For the person that wrote,"The Ps4 camera is only $60 and it does EVERYTHING kinect does."...that too is

averaging $100.00 on E Bay and has nowhere near the specs of the Kinect.

Peace, J.R.

No one is forcing you to buy Xbox One. If you don't want Kinect, don't buy X1. Its really not rocket science people. If you want to experience what Xbox One has to offer, you are going to get the Kinect. Just get over it.

No one is forcing you to buy Xbox One. If you don't want Kinect, don't buy X1. Its really not rocket science people. If you want to experience what Xbox One has to offer, you are going to get the Kinect. Just get over it.

QFT.

Also, there's still not one single good reason to start thread # 1093860398376 to complain about Kinect being forced on us either, but here we are... a-gain.