There's something missing from the reviews.

Like many, I've been watching the various reviews and there's something noticeably absent - failures.

Does anyone out there have links to any sites where failures occured?

The reviewers have all mentioned that they've had considerably more time with the XBox One than the PS4, yet no hardware issues to speak of compared to the duds PS4 units that Kotaku and IGN got?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yep noticed that too. As much as some people on here hope something goes wrong, its seems that, so far, MS got it right.

Irrelevant at this point. There aren't enough review consoles out there of either brand to give an accurate failure rate. Sure it is good that MS hasn't had a failure yet but we are talking about electronics here. There WILL be Xbox One failures. My guess is it will likely be between 1 and 4%.

[quote user="ProzacTheClown"]Irrelevant at this point. There aren't enough review consoles out there of either brand to give an accurate failure rate. Sure it is good that MS hasn't had a failure yet but we are talking about electronics here. There WILL be Xbox One failures. My guess is it will likely be between 1 and 4%.[/quote]

I'm not speculating on the failure rate, just pointing out the anomoly.

What is missing is the reviews saying this is the best place to play games, I am supposed to be paying £429 for this and

That is what I want a games console for

I heard that MS is paying ALL reviewers of their system a lot of money to hide any hardware software malfunctions...:(

You can pretty much guarantee if it was XB1's which failed, they would have brought it up.  Face it people - the PS4 is more popular.  Reviewers don't want to tell the masses what they don't want to hear.  Give it a month and opinions might start to change a little bit.  We all know the long term success rides on a lot more than the launch, and XB are not that far behind.  They are definitely still firmly in the race :)

@banana. As far as I can tell the x1 is ahead. Better reviews, innovative and intuitive UI, media friendly, multiple app play, etc. Yeah the ps4 has more power to have native 1080p but those differences are negligible. As I see it the ps4 needs to catch up to the x1. My opinion tho. Cheers.

I agree with you Stud.

A guy I work with is a huge PS fanboy and went on friday to get his PS4.  Got home played it for a few hours and it went nuts on him.  He went to bed thinking ok I'll just let it cool off and get back on in the morning.  Tried to play didn't work.  Called sony they are sending him a box to send it back and sending him a new one.  He's already got it listed up on ebay and will be waiting in line tomorrow to get his hands on a XB1.  He said after reading more into everything extra the XB1 is going to have over the PS4 he said it was stupid of him to ever get the PS4 as it just wasn't nearly as eye catching as the XB1.

as far as reviews go it will be interesting to see how the XB1 only games are reviewed.  Some of the PS4 only games got ripped to shreds by reviewers.

jamie the gun: there are no absolute truths. What works for you may not work for me. For me there's no question about it that teh Xbox One is the better  console for me to play games on.

However, if you want just games and raw power, PS4 might be more for you, but I doubt you would be disappointed in the X1 either if any of the exclusives are interesting and you like the controller.

There will be XB1 failures, it will happen, I think it will be minimal though so I wouldnt worry about.

Does the PS4 need to catch up with Xbox One, I dont think so. PS4 is its own beast as is the Xbox One.