There's A Hidden 'Very High' Quality Mode For Xbox One Streaming On Windows 10

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Now we can play in 4K! :p

Tried it last night looks great might try it plugged into my TV see if I can get it Upto 4k

I also tried this last night for about 5 hours streaming. Very very noticeable way better than high setting also ran butter smooth no lag and played great

After you..... :P

I'm sure it was disabled for a reason, and I for 1, am not about to go tampering with something I don't fully understand - especially if editing key files is involved.

Seems interesting and i do use the streaming often( its awesome BTW),,but i agree with gg ,,its not something i'm going to go tampering with.

"I'm sure it was disabled for a reason, and I for 1, am not about to go tampering with something I don't fully understand - especially if editing key files is involved."

hmm, sounds like you haven't used PC's much - editing configuration files to improve things in PC games and apps has been happening for ever.  Whilst I respect your choice, the tone makes it sound like a far more "dangerous" task than it is.  The only other observation I would make to the instructions in the link is "take a copy of userconsoledata file before editing it" then if something does go wrong you just delete your edited version and rename the copy back to what it was.

ps.  Didn't you previously say you hadn't tried the streaming as your PC was already hooked up to the Xbox or something?  Did you just feel the need to comment?

:)

@Galactic Geek:  There is only one file to edit.  Just a simple case of changing a 'false' to a 'true'.  If your concerned you're going to muck something up. simply make a copy of the file.

Besides, it's probably one of those config files that the App makes itself.  Even if you deleted the file, the app will just make another one with the default values.

I've just tried it and it works really well.  Although I did it via a wired connection. Its difficult to tell your steaming on Very High.  

Still, I've had some experience with Streaming Steam games on my PC tablet, and Xbox One steaming still isn't quite there yet.  But it will be in time.

Some people are better off not attempting simple file modifications. GG is definitely one of them.