there is no question - it has been dropped

the debate is over - it has been answered and was answered early last month

http://i.imgur.com/AARoM5x.png

Will Xbox One work as a Windows Media Center Extender? For those that use a PC with TV tuner to record and watch TV, we use the 360 as an extender to stream this content to TVs. Will this continue with Xbox One?

WHITTEN: Xbox One isn’t a native Media Center Extender. We’ll continue to work to enable more ways for everyone to get the television they want over the life of the program.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Not being native does not equal being dropped. I am sure they can develop an app that will act as an extender.

pre-ordered canceled until they bring it back

why must you upset my OCD with your colors?

Rage!! I'm cancelling my Pre-Order because the Xbox One does have a MEDIA EXTENDEEERRRRRR!!!

I'm sure they can develop lots of things it's not a question of if they can it's a question of motive and politics and how hard they are pushing the hdmi tv tuner crap and forcing other technologies out including but not limit to Windows media center all together

Life as we know it is over. Xbox One is a brick without this feature. They might as well throw the 2 Million Xbox One - Day One Editions into the sea and forget they ever developed it.

[quote user="I hate Kinect 2"]

pre-ordered canceled until they bring it back

[/quote]

Post invalid!

Wow freakin people will complain about anything!Give my a break.Go ahead cancel your preorder let a person who deserves it get it.

ooo man atleast I have the Yankee game to look forward to tonight. That will make up for no media extender news....

Never used it. As long as XO still allows me to stream films from my NAS drive I'm happy.