The Xbox One Controller - Is yours kinda flimsy?

Maybe I have the world's only Xbox One controller that feels like it is about to separate into two pieces...top and bottom.

Don't get me wrong, in concept I actually think the X1's controller is a better version, it just seems that the construction is not as solid as the previous version.  The controller literally slides a very nominal amount between the top and bottom parts.  

It's a bit disappointing because the controller video I saw had one guy constantly saying "core guys, thousands of hours of testing, 100s of improvements, etc..."  3 weeks in the thing is literally falling apart.

Just want to know if I'm alone here and if it's even worth asking for a replacement.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 89 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

My left bumbper seems more loose then the right but its nothing major.  the 2 back corner sides of the handles are just clip on plastic pieces that cover the screws,  ive found them to kinda squeak sometimes.  Its not as well made as the 360 controller IMO

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Absolutely. I find that I have to be careful with the controller for fear it will break. I initially just dismissed it as being overly cautious with my new toy, but now, nearly a month later, the fear remains. My Day One controller actually seems to be pretty solid. No worries there. The extra controller I purchased with the console has already been replaced by Amazon. The first one had a loud buzzing noise whenever the rumble motors came on. It wasn't normal at all (and my other controller sounded nothing like that.) I sent it back, received the replacement within a day,and found that the plastic pieces are completely misaligned, causing sharp edges (particularly on the left side) and loose shoulder buttons. The quality control on these things is atrocious. I'm guessing I'm going to have to contact Amazon again and asked for yet another replacement, because the whole body of the controller seems to be getting more loose by the day. I'm very impressed with the look, feel, and design, but thus far, these things are nowhere near as sturdy as the 360 controller. I still have all of my original 360 controllers and never had the slightest issue with one of them.

Sorry this didn't help.

my left analog stick is screwed up already. these things are junk

Sorry this didn't help.

My controller is light but it feels good.  It doesn't feel solid, but I don't feel like it's flimsy or weak.  But that's just my opinion.

Sorry this didn't help.

The cover plate over the hidden screws isn't tight. So when you sqeeze the controller, you can feel the controller compressing in your hand. The controller shell should be 2 pieces, securely tightened with screws, just like the 360 controller. Not these plastic pop-locks. This is Very annoying.

Also the left thumb stick feels too plasticy and loose and perhaps too high.

Sorry this didn't help.

Mine was working great until yesterday when it basically fell apart left stick doesn't work without cracking and popping the lb and lt have stopped working also it rattles  as if it has came loose inside. Which is strange because most of the issues I have read about are controllers delivered faulty. Had the same 360 controller for 4+ years and no issues so yeah these xbone ones are flimsy as hell

Sorry this didn't help.

I have two that are bin fodder. Both got left stick crunching and rattle when shaken. Like everyone else have had 360 ones for years with no problems & they have been launched across the room many times! These xbox one ones have only lasted a couple of weeks (without any launching) and feel really cheap. Sort it out MS please...

Sorry this didn't help.

My day one edition controller is as solid as a brick and feels really well made. The extra controller I bought with the system feels like the top and bottom crunch against each other where they are loose fitting.

Sorry this didn't help.

These controllers are crap.

Sorry this didn't help.

Micro$oft  made an awful Day One controller.

Sorry this didn't help.