The Xbox One 720p discussion (I apologize if this is a repeated thread, I'm new here)

I don't know where else to turn but a dedicated forum for people that care about the Xbox brand without all the Sony fanboys throwing their useless and one sided comments in. I'm just a little bit worried about all of this 720p business that's going around the internet lately. I was under the impression that these discussions weren't going to be happening anymore due in part to 4K being the next big thing, and that these consoles are supposed to be incredibly powerful. I don't understand how despite the fact that both systems are almost identical internal wise, the PS4 is trumping the Xbox One on resolution and overall performance (of course this is all hearsay at this point as nobody has had the systems in hand for longer than an hour or two at a time). I just want to hear some feedback from people that may know more about this than I do and give me some insight into why this could potentially be true. Thanks in advance.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

get ready for a whole bunch of different explanations

U came to the right place but there are Sony cannons on here id name them all but they will only say they ain't and watch out for the real gamer lol

PS4 is a touch more powerful and presumably easier to develop for at the moment.

PS4 has a slight edge in hardware spec/performance.....it is up to the game developers to make games at a resolution and framerate they feel gives an optimal experience. For either console, if the game is not 1080P 60fps it is because the developer did not want those specs, or they did not have enough time (rushed the release)...both machines are capabale. We need to vote with our wallets, if a game developer is releasing a rushed product, then don't buy it. Force them to make a game properly.

@Dark...my advice....Don't get wrapped up in any of it.

-

At the end of the day all that matters is your happy with the games and the experiance your getting from the console of your choice.

best thing to do is ignore the numbers and look at the games to make your own opinion. truth is that most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference unless slowed down and in a side-by-side comparison.

---

i'm more concerned about which console has the features i want, and games i want to play, looking at games like Ryse puts any worries i have about graphics to bed.

[quote user="mgzin66"]

@Dark...my advice....Don't get wrapped up in any of it.

-

At the end of the day all that matters is your happy with the games and the experiance your getting from the console of your choice.

[/quote]

Exactly. Any graphical difference is going to be minimal. Do you like the other stuff X1 offers? Are you happy with Live as an online service? If so, I'd stick with X1. 

Good advice mgzin.

I really love the Xbox experience and that's why I'm spending that extra $100 at launch. It just sucks because I want the best experience possible without spending a ton optimizing a PC. I guess time will tell but its annoying.

@VG...I do have slip-ups now and again..:)

-

TY