The VGX was complete garbage

Remember last year when they had a whole arena, with a huge audience and a giant screen to show the games on. But now this year they're in some small room and there's like 10 people in the audience that have to be told when to clap. It didn't even feel like an actual award show, more like a news room.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

SPIKE is either running low on cash, or they hired some fresh outta college film producers to do this years show. If this will be the trend going forward, I prefer the VGA's be cancelled altogether.

^ I really don't know what they were thinking when they were filming it.

The few segments of the show I saw were so Busch League, it was almost farcical. Zero laughter from the audience at the jokes, Keighly stumbling over his words like a buffoon, awkwardness at every turn . . . Truly a horrific production.

Glad I chose college football championship games to watch over VGA's based on what I have been hearing about them.

It was on tonight? I completely forgot. Usually I watch it with my son because it's good for a couple laughs and game previews. Now everything just ends up on the web. I really wanted to see more about Quantum Break, so I just went to Xbox Wire. Man that game looks great.

It's not an awards show.  It's an advertisement.

I fell asleep during the concert... I felt sorry for Geoff as his co-host put him & all of the developers on edge with his blunt questions. He's good on Community, but here he is not. Personally, a complete waste of the evening; heck, even the "reveals" (if you can even call them that) didn't really show much of anything. The coolest thing I saw on there was the new game from Tim Schafer's Double Fine Studios.

Have to agree it was a bad joke, Even Matt and Trey looked embarrassed to be there. Badly made and not enjoyable in any sense.

I turned off before it finished.

I switched off when the concert started. That show will either have to go back to it's old (much better) format or just get cancelled forever!

It served its purpose for me.