The tenure listed on my account is off by 3 years

Hi,

I contacted technical support about my tenure being wrong (it says 7 years and it should say 10 years) and they had me delete my profile, empty the cache etc.  to try and correct this problem but after all that effort, it's still not cleared up.  

As an aside, during that "cleanup" process my saved games were all deleted from the drive (which is extremely annoying and did nothing to help the situation).  I really hope that in the future, you guys will be a little more careful when "helping" us with an issue like this.  It would be really good if you at least could warn us before you have us do something that deletes all the save files.  Even the console description of what was about to happen did not tell me that my saved games would be nuked.  I would have appreciated at least a heads up anyways.  

Anyhow, I don't expect that you can help me with those saved games, but I really *do* hope you can at least correct the problem with my tenure being wrong?  I have been reading that to get help I should create a new post, so that is what I am doing here.  According to my Microsoft account my billing history for Xbox live goes all the way back to November of 2002 (which is good since that is also what I experienced).

According to your own billing system my renewals look like this:

[MOD REMOVED - DO NOT POST PERSONAL ACCOUNT OR BILLING INFORMATION]

And that is good (because that reinforces that I am not crazy when I remember being online for the past 10 years).  And while it can be confusing to look at, but the important thing is the for ten years, every time the service was running out, we bought more service to continue it.  So the only problem I have here is that why does my account tenure say 7 years.  And  yet I pretty clearly have been using the service for much longer than ten...
  Thanks for your time,
  Wonka

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hiya, this is a known issue from Microsoft, there is a thread regarding this here, forums.xbox.com/.../441105.aspx

But I assume since you phoned support you have tried all the things in that post. I can only suggest waiting for Microsoft to fix the issue in its entirely.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks Matt1912, I have tried the things in that post several times and they have not helped me.  So I really hope you guys get this problem resolved soon.  

Marc

Sorry this didn't help.

When you delete your profile it specifically asks you if you just want to delete your profile or if you want to delete your profile and your game data - you selected the wrong option.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately, he was *specifically* told to select that option (profile and all associated data) by Tech Support over the phone. :(

Sorry this didn't help.

FWIW I don't expect to ever see my save data again.  But I do hope that others might at least be spared what happened to me.  I don't really even blame the guy who was "helping" me.  He was just poorly trained.  That and the badly designed interface made what happened far too likely to happen even without any bad information.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Wonka! I do agree with you that you should be showing 10 years of tenure! Can you tell us when you first noticed this issue? A specific date would be helpful!

Sorry this didn't help.

Tenure is based on the total years of Xbox LIVE Gold time completed. The clock stops when you go Silver/Free and Xbox LIVE Silver time does not add (or subtract) tenure. Tenure increases only when the year of Xbox LIVE Gold time ends. For your first year of Xbox LIVE Gold you see '0'; it ticks over to '1'  year of tenure when that year completes. If you've had Xbox LIVE Gold for 3 years and 6 months, you'll see a tenure of '3' next to your Gamertag.

http://commerce.microsoft.com lets you review, year by year, when you've been Gold and when you've been Free (Silver) . Time before the GOLD plans were created, counts as if it was GOLD.

For example:

Jan 1 2010 - Dec 31 2010 = 0 years

Jan 1 2010 - Jan 1 2011 = 1 year

Please, could you review what you see on this account over at http://commerce.microsoft.com and tally the years and months of GOLD, round down, and then report back? Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.

Miss Kleo: I want to say that I 1st noticed it just this weekend.  But the trouble is that I may have missed it for a long time before that because I don't normally look at my gamercard.  In fact when I became curious it actually took me a minute just to find the information.  

Vibroplex: I already did what you just asked about before and the results were at the top of this post, but apparently they have been moderated out.  Bottom line is: I have been a gold member since November of 2002 (uninterrupted).  And at no point was I ever a silver member.  So the answer should be: 10.

Sorry this didn't help.